Agency Management Sytems - Applied Epic Vs. AMS360?

As a user of TAM, I would have to suggest whatever software is used, make sure it's "quick, easily updateable, editable, and user friendly." you're staff will thank you. Huge boost in efficiency.

As a user of TAM, I would have to suggest whatever software is used, make sure it's "quick, easily updateable, editable, and user friendly." you're staff will thank you. Huge boost in efficiency.

Do you have any idea how TAM compares to Epic? We have an Epic demo in a few days. Applied Systems has told us we are a good candidate for Epic, whatever that means. I would rather sandpaper a lion's tail than go through a data conversion. :arghh:

Do you have any idea how TAM compares to Epic? We have an Epic demo in a few days. Applied Systems has told us we are a good candidate for Epic, whatever that means. I would rather sandpaper a lion's tail than go through a data conversion. :arghh:

I thought you were going with Vision?

I thought you were going with Vision?

We have signed a contract to move from Vision on our own server to VisionOnline. The reason for that is because I have to move to Missouri to take care of my Dad and I will need to work from there. That means I won't be onsite to manage backups and maintenance, so he wanted to take that off of my plate. It's costing us more than double what we were paying for Vision Support, so I sure hope it's not slow. We haven't made the switch yet.

The sales person said it's easier for them to do the data conversion to Epic if they have our data on their own server. I suppose that makes sense.

We have signed a contract to move from Vision on our own server to VisionOnline. The reason for that is because I have to move to Missouri to take care of my Dad and I will need to work from there. That means I won't be onsite to manage backups and maintenance, so he wanted to take that off of my plate. It's costing us more than double what we were paying for Vision Support, so I sure hope it's not slow. We haven't made the switch yet.

The sales person said it's easier for them to do the data conversion to Epic if they have our data on their own server. I suppose that makes sense.

I misunderstood - I agree with the online move - doesn't make much sense to me that the conversion would be easier though. It should be the same data, but what do I know.

Either way Good luck.

Epic is like TAM - it uses very old back end technology- Epic is largely written in old HTML with patches that have to be installed to talk to the newer front-end. NexSure or QQ use the more modern code and on-line versions are affordable. QQ is not quite there yet for large commercial agencies but they are moving in that direction.

We went live with Epic in 2014 and it's been a good system. Support has been good (I've heard Vertafore has less the stellar tech support). We've been researching Epic for years, so we knew what we were getting into. We brought in the AMS360 people, but there were too many unanswered questions. Epic's Producer Tools for the iPad is great for producers.

I am now in system change. Going from a vertafore FSC to a verafore AMS 360. Sounds like I should have looked at some other systems? Uh Oh. Any 360 positives out there?

Dave

I am now in system change. Going from a vertafore FSC to a verafore AMS 360. Sounds like I should have looked at some other systems? Uh Oh. Any 360 positives out there?

Dave

We just moved to Applied's Epic, but I still get a daily email from the Network of Vertafore users, which they call the NetVU HUB Digest. If you can get signed up for it, I think you'll like it. I read it when I have time, and usually learn something, even though we don't use AMS360. Good luck!

Back