Agency Management Sytems - Applied Epic Vs. AMS360?

Hello Everyone,

First I'd like to say that this site has a great amount of information on it! Thank you to those experienced members that post valuable posts!

We are starting a new agency from scratch and want to implement the best agency management system that will serve our needs not only now, but well into the future.

At this point I've narrowed our decision down to either the AMS360 or Applied's new system Epic.

Does anyone have any background or first-hand experience using Epic? How about the AMS360?

Please reply with any feedback (pros vs. cons). Your input will be very appreciated.

Thanks!
Jimmi

I had looked into Zywave before, looked like a real nice system but a little more than I want to pay right now. So I am still using outlook and a filing cabinet. I think I going to purchase it sometime this year though.

How user friendly is Zywave, its definately the one I am leaning towards. Isnt it 1000 to get started plus 900 a year? I am independent exclusive agent (I am pretty much captive P&C agent) do you it would be a good fit for me?

I had looked into Zywave before, looked like a real nice system but a little more than I want to pay right now. So I am still using outlook and a filing cabinet. I think I going to purchase it sometime this year though.
How much is that? I might try it in few months from now. Still thinking of something affordable.

Has anyone looked at DORIS online? it's a cloud-based AMS that seems smarter than a hosted/managed app.

Is the DORIS "cloud" management system affordable? We've managed to get by well with Agency Software's Agency Pro, and it does most of what we could ask for and its VERY reasonable, but it doesn't have a hosted option.

I've had a pretty poor experience with Epic. They are EXTREMELY slow are responding to even the most simple technical issues. Migrating data over to their system was a nightmare, and now trying to migrate the data off is even worse

If anyone has any updates on this topic it would be extremely helpful, due to a recent merger we are going from our AMS360 v5.5 to "their" Applied Epic and from what i've seen on paper, I'm not sure it's going to be a smooth and easy transition.

Last edited:
Back