Anyone Using iPad/Tablet To Replace Paper Day Planners?

Dave020

Super Moderator
California
I am wondering if any of my colleagues on the forum have switched from a Day Timer/Franklin/Day Runner type system (paper) to a tablet system?

Being an old 'pencil and paper' person, I am trying to evaluate going all electronic with tablet portability (I have iPad).

I see advantages to the all-inclusive capabilities and size of the wireless tablet for anything from CRM to Calendar/Task apps to running quotes and doing apps all on one device. It seems to be the ideal device to replace the old paper planner and add in the functionality of a computer.

If anyone is currently using a tablet for all of their scheduling and selling tasks or has replaced their day planner with a tablet, I'd be curious to know how you've integrated it to get away from a paper day planner and what specific apps you find most useful in terms of replicating the daily planner.

I am wondering if any of my colleagues on the forum have switched from a Day Timer/Franklin/Day Runner type system (paper) to a tablet system?

Being an old 'pencil and paper' person, I am trying to evaluate going all electronic with tablet portability (I have iPad).

I see advantages to the all-inclusive capabilities and size of the wireless tablet for anything from CRM to Calendar/Task apps to running quotes and doing apps all on one device. It seems to be the ideal device to replace the old paper planner and add in the functionality of a computer.

If anyone is currently using a tablet for all of their scheduling and selling tasks or has replaced their day planner with a tablet, I'd be curious to know how you've integrated it to get away from a paper day planner and what specific apps you find most useful in terms of replicating the daily planner.

I've tried it multiple times...just bought another day planner last week.

At one time I tried to go all outlook (including CRM) which fizzled after a couple of months.

My current CRM (Pipelinedeals.com) has a nice calendar function and to do's that I can tag based on cases in my sales funnel and/or by client. I mostly find myself copying my tasks for the week from my CRM into my planner Sunday night.

I tried it when I had Salesforce.com (which I hated) too but I just can't seem to break away from the day planner (written in pencil of course)...:1baffled:

I haven't used a paper planner for over 10-years. Everything is in my database. I synch that my iphone (years ago it was my Palm PDA)

I don't miss the paper at all.

As I sit here surrounded by paper and files.

For a calendar/planner I use Google apps calender. It syncs to my phone and tablet and computer automatically. It sends an email invite to Lisa so she know that block of time is filled.

I will not carry a planner with me but my phone is mostly with me.

You have mentioned that before. Do you keep your client's info there also.
Pretty much. I use the notes section in the Contact to document things. I scan most everything. I don't keep policy info because it so easy to log into the insurance companies to get it.

I know RedTail or SalesForce will do more stuff, but I haven't moved there yet.

Pretty much. I use the notes section in the Contact to document things. I scan most everything. I don't keep policy info because it so easy to log into the insurance companies to get it.

I would avoid salesforce. I have used it used it with a big budget (as a captive wholesaler) and with a not so big budget (using a custom setup comes with a price)..both times I have been very frustrated.

I hear good things about Redtail (but I don't do any securities so their statement integration features are less important to me...)

Just my 2¢

Larry Tew said:

I did a free demo of Red Tail last week. I couldn't even judge the program because the demo was so slow. Way too slow to be useful in any way.

I'll try it again because I've heard some good things about it.

after talking to Newby a year ago, i went with a tablet.. i went with an android tablet, have my appt setters put my daily appts on google calendar... all of my apps are digital.

I have them form-fillable, so if you type the date in one place, it fills it everywhere, and usually type them up on my laptop. Then i drop them into dropbox, pull out the tablet, and capture the signature. Then I use greenfax to email the app to the carrier while I'm with the customer. Of course you can capture signatures on the smart phone as well.

paper used to be my biggest enemy, now I only use paper for direct mail pieces. If I could get rid of that, I'd actually have an organized house for once

Back