Best Web-based All-lines Agency Management System?

I recently went with Quomation's Powermanage Lite version that is cloud based. It works well for personal and commercial lines and has options to add your life and health policies as well. I am about to go to the PRO version that includes several upgrades and marketing features. The live chat feature is good if you need technical assistance as they are pretty quick to respond. I looked at Doris, Insurance Pro, Agency Advantage and for the money and the features Quomation seemed like a good choice.

I just took over as IT director at an established 4 person Independent Brokerage. We did a Windows to Mac transition and are accessing the existing Agency Management System (Eclipse) via a Virtual Server from our Macs.

The Virtual Environment is great because it is hosted in the cloud and thus is accessible via RDC or Jump from any device. We can access carrier websites that haven't been updated to latest web standards (Hartford, Safeco, Traveler's etc.) with Internet Explorer and can also access Eclipse.

The next step is replacing Eclipse with a cloud-based, modern, insurance-specific agency management system. As many of you know, the task isn't easy.

We've looked at:
•AMS 360
•Agencybloc
•Agency Matrix
•Quomation
•Aspire
•many others

Agencybloc seems the most modern, with a lot of investment dollars, a clean interface, great accessibility etc. The problem is that it doesn't support Accord Certificates of Insurance or some other features. They advertise themselves as a Life/Health agency management but when you speak with a rep, they will say that's just because of high entry barriers in the P&C market. At any rate, after almost joining, I've taken a step back and began weighing other options.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Hello! Definitely consider QQ Catalyst! you can visit the QQ Solutions website or Facebook page for more info. It is 100% web based, easy to use and filled with innovative features. The price is also fantastic with no set up fees or contracts.

I'm sure you have figured out that Macs and P&C go together a bit like oil and water. No matter how much you like Macs, you effectively have to convert your Mac to a PC to make it work with P&C.

You don't need modern, you need functional. Insurance companies (and many, many companies) don't bother updating to the most recent standard, they stay with what works, or better put, the more standard-standard. Insurance companies went with Active-X a while back, which is still current, just not compatible with anything other than IE.

I've never looked at Agencybloc, but if they don't claim to be a P&C management system, then they aren't. Accord certs are probably the minor issue, I would guess they don't do carrier downloads either, which is huge in a 4 person agency.

My adivce is worry less about modern, focus on function and if it will work for tomorrow.

Dan

sgriswold

What Agency Management System did you end up going with? I am in a similar situation...have a 4 person insurance brokerage with one agent using a mac and we are considering moving from Applied TAM to a cheaper web-based AMS.

Like you, I've come across Aspire and I like what they have to offer, but I don't see many reviews of people who have actually used their system. What was your reasoning for choosing or not choosing Aspire.

Thanks!

Try Veruna. I've seem their demo and the IMS is powerful. I believe they're based off salesforce. They got Acord award for best innovation. Amazing system I must say. no double data entry, customization,excellent commercial support. I think you will be impressed.

Back