Build Relationships with Drip Email

Marc5867

Build Relationships with Drip Email

Every good agent wants to build a lasting book of business. That means that existing clients need to call you the next time they need insurance. I suggest you build relationships with Drip Email. For those of you who are really out of the loop. Drip Email is having a system that automatically sends an email at a predetermined time period.

The nature of health and life insurance is that your clients won’t need your product again of many months or ever years. When I first started selling health and life insurance I went to a prospect’s home or business and presented to them. If they bought great, if not, so what, either way, I was on to the next prospect and I had nothing in place to contact them again. It didn’t take me long to realize that if I wanted to build a lasting business that practice had to change.

Build Relationships with Drip Email.

Drip Email was the perfect solution to the problem. Once you have met with a prospect that person knows your name. They took the time to listen to your presentation and if you are good at what you do, you now have a rapport with them. Why would you not want to stay in contact with that person so that when they want health or life insurance again they will think of you. Simply ask if you can send them an email once a month so if they ever need to get ahold of you again they will know how to reach you. I almost never had a person say no to that question. Then you simply add them to your email campaign.

You need to establish yourself as the insurance professional that will always be there to help them. I guarantee that no other agent is staying in touch with them. So this is your opportunity to be the agent that they can count on to answer their questions. Remember you already have a rapport with them. So use that rapport to get future business. I also recommend that you call them once a year just to touch base. Read more on that here.

I recommend sending an email once a month.

To build relationships with drip email you will need a campaign with 12 emails scheduled to send once a month. This is a never ending campaign. So you will be in contact with your prospects and clients forever or until they change their email address or opt out of your emails. (SPAM laws require that your emails have an opt out link and show your name and physical address at the bottom of the email.) I had 8 email that talked about the different products that I sold. Annuities, Cancer, Accident, Health, Life, etc. Each email was short and to the point but gave good information on the features and benefits of that product. And every email mentioned referrals. 2 Emails were a good recipe for a desert and 2 emails with a short message about what a great agent I was.

Over the years I started to see amazing results from my Drip Email Campaign. Within the follow 2 or 3 days after my drip email was sent each month I would have anywhere from 2 to 5 people contact me and ask for a quote. And what was interesting, was that most of the time the quote they wanted didn’t have anything to do with the email that was sent that month.

Over time you will start getting sales every month.

What happens is that each month my prospects and clients would see my email and say to themselves. “That’s my health agent” or in the case of a prospect, “that is that insurance agent I met with a while ago” and then they would delete the email. This would go on for months sometimes years and then, when they saw my email they remembered that they wanted a quote for Life Insurance, or Cancer Insurance or whatever, and they would click reply on the email and ask for a quote. Now and then I even got requests for Auto and Homeowners insurance quotes. And of course every month I would have clients call me when they had a rate increase or a question about their policy. When this started happening I knew I had accomplished what I had set out to do. I was now their Insurance Agent and whenever they needed insurance they would call me. I had in fact used email marketing to Build Relationships with Drip Email.

Get a Good System.

All good Contact Management Systems offer drip email and good ones will also have predone emails that you can use. This is a huge benefit when it comes to getting started as you won’t have to take the time to write all those emails. I would never recommend trying to handle a drip email campaign without a service that has a system for sending drip emails to groups of people. The cost of these services is minimal compared to the benefits you will receive over time.

I highly recommend that you use Email Marketing to Build Relationships with Drip Email and over time you will be getting sales that would have been lost.

Never forget that drip email that has no substance is called spam though.

I don't appreciate 50 emails from everyone I do business with wishing me a Happy Halloween. Doesn't get their name in front door of me in a good way.

Never forget that drip email that has no substance is called spam though.

I don't appreciate 50 emails from everyone I do business with wishing me a Happy Halloween. Doesn't get their name in front door of me in a good way.

I struggle to think of any newsletter or automated email from a professional that I found of value.

Sure, I love me some discounts, coupons, etc. from certain vendors. But they aren't providing a professional service either. They are a retail outfit sending out coupons, promos and other stuff to stay top of mind. And sometimes they arrive at just the right time and I order.

But from an IMO, insurance agent, financial advisor? They could go all straight to trash without a second thought. The same goes for most emails from insurance companies themselves.

Lot's of graet stuff here. Also check out Mail Shake for this purpose
Mail Shake is designed for cold email outreach. Platforms like Constant Contact or MailChimp are better served for client email drip marketing.

----------

I struggle to think of any newsletter or automated email from a professional that I found of value.

Sure, I love me some discounts, coupons, etc. from certain vendors. But they aren't providing a professional service either. They are a retail outfit sending out coupons, promos and other stuff to stay top of mind. And sometimes they arrive at just the right time and I order.

But from an IMO, insurance agent, financial advisor? They could go all straight to trash without a second thought. The same goes for most emails from insurance companies themselves.
Yeah, open rate is all about the subject line. It's a matter of life and death.

When I want to clean up my inbox. I SELECT ALL to be deleted, then go down the list reading the subject lines. The ones that peak my interest or have a clear message that may help me solve a problem get unchecked. The rest just disappear when I click DELETE!

The from line has a huge impact also. If they have a relationship with you, even if that relationship consists solely of the good content you have sent them in the past, they will be more likely to open your emails.

One tactic I use is to tease the next email in my PS. (I use the PPS as my CTA. The body of most emails are informational not salesy.)

P.S. Look for email from me with the subject "Do You Know Your Deadlines?" in a few days, but please unsubscribe unless you feel you get solid information from these emails.

Also I totally disagree with the OP about frequency. I email daily. When I shifted from weekly to daily my opens went up and my unsubscribes went down.

I agree, 100%. Subject lines that are personalized are the ones that are most likely to be opened.

Although I'd like to add that it is also important to focus on your email preview text and the timing of your email. All of these are important in any email campaign.

What if you got a series of emails from your CPA that helped you save on taxes? Or reminded you to do this or that so you wouldn't miss any deadlines.

There's got to be tons of things a CPA does for his or her own taxes that they don't have time to teach clients they might see only once per year. But they could efficiently help their clients by sharing their expertise in a weekly email.

Or from your car dealer that told you how to get more out of your car?

90% of my emails are just tips. I save the sales message for the PPS and keep it brief.

BTW, I find it interesting that this thread is so attractive to people with single digit post counts.

What if you got a series of emails from your CPA that helped you save on taxes? Or reminded you to do this or that so you wouldn't miss any deadlines.

There's got to be tons of things a CPA does for his or her own taxes that they don't have time to teach clients they might see only once per year. But they could efficiently help their clients by sharing their expertise in a weekly email.

Or from your car dealer that told you how to get more out of your car?

90% of my emails are just tips. I save the sales message for the PPS and keep it brief.

BTW, I find it interesting that this thread is so attractive to people with single digit post counts.

Just started using a CPA this year, so far no emails so I can't comment.

As to the car, only with my newest. I get a monthly email from Onstar, I like it because it reminds me about tire pressure. Otherwise, no haven't found a single email from the dealer or manufacturer to be of value for the past several years.

I spoke with an investment advisor a few months ago, Outlook quickly put his emails in spam for me. Glancing at them, I would say Outlook is spot on.

Now, I have not seen your emails. Maybe yours really are good, I hope they are. I can only speak from what I have seen, and most aren't worth the time it takes to delete them, even if in bulk.

Just started using a CPA this year, so far no emails so I can't comment.

As to the car, only with my newest. I get a monthly email from Onstar, I like it because it reminds me about tire pressure. Otherwise, no haven't found a single email from the dealer or manufacturer to be of value for the past several years.

I spoke with an investment advisor a few months ago, Outlook quickly put his emails in spam for me. Glancing at them, I would say Outlook is spot on.

Now, I have not seen your emails. Maybe yours really are good, I hope they are. I can only speak from what I have seen, and most aren't worth the time it takes to delete them, even if in bulk.

My writing is getting better because of all the reps I get now that I'm committed to sending daily emails. (I don't necessarily write daily. I try to write two to ten at a time.)

About 20% of my emails get opened per my stats. My stats say 50% open at least one email per week.

(But I'm sure only a few read the entire email, so I try to use bullet points and subheads to make them easily scanable.)

My marketing coach says the stats understate the opens because they can't track opens unless the reader has HTML turned on.

If my numbers stay steady, 15% of my subscribers will buy eventually.

I get emails almost daily from someone who asks me an insurance question and thanks me for my email tips.

When they call or email they act like my clients. By that I mean they seem to have decided to buy from me before they call. They just want to know what and when to buy.

But the big thing is not the quality of my writing.

It is the match between what I write and my target market.

You have to pay to get and keep clients one way or another. You pay with money or time. You can buy leads, door knock, use direct mail, etc.

I like to write, so this is one of the things I do.

It isn't for everyone, but neither is door knocking or telephone sales.

Back