Commission Tracking Website, Would You Use?

I am computer software developer that has developed a prototype site that tracks and calculates commissions for agencies. I built it based on what an insurance agent friend told me she needed.

I know a lot of agents, use Excel spreadsheets to track commissions, but I am wondering what features would encourage you to use such a service like the agents I have signed up.

I'm not giving the URL out because I don't want to be seen as a spammer. However, I am very interested in what features and reports you would look for in an internet-based sales/commission application?

Are there any repetitive manual processes that you perform on a weekly/monthly basis that can be automated?

I hope you all can give me some insight on the industry so that I can make a better product.

I would like to demo your software with the hopes of purchasing if you already have something available. After reviewing it I would be happy to give you my thoughts. PM me if you would

There is almost always going to be some sort of manual inputting of data.

I have never found a program that works well for tracking commissions. There are some out there, but you normally have to either change the way you do things to make it fit the program, or design something simple i,e. an Excel spreadsheet.

Its the same with CRM's. I have never found one that can take the leads that we purchase, put them in a system, work them, turn them in to clients, and then report on PIF/premiums etc etc.

You can get them separately, but I have yet to find a complete solution (let me rephrase, I have yet to find one that is affordable) and again you have to either bastardize the system to make it fit or use something simple.

Would help seeing what you have set up so far in order to provide any meaningful advice on whats missing/could be improved on.

I would like to demo your software with the hopes of purchasing if you alrea dy have something available. After reviewing it I would be happy to give you my thoughts. PM me if you would

I'm new to the site and don't have enough posts to send PMs.

My site is a web-based service . I'm currently in BETA, and I am not charging any agencies that are testing the site, currently. I am looking for agency testers, but I don't want to run afoul of the board rules for SPAM or solicitation.

A few of my agency testers have identified some deficiencies that I'm currently building into the site. In fact, I am revamping the agency dashboard based on the great feedback I have so far. In 2-3 weeks, I'd be happy to let you see what I have created, so far. Once, I've made the recommended changes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There is almost always going to be some sort of manual inputting of data.

I have never found a program that works well for tracking commissions. There are some out there, but you normally have to either change the way you do things to make it fit the program, or design something simple i,e. an Excel spreadsheet.

Its the same with CRM's. I have never found one that can take the leads that we purchase, put them in a system, work them, turn them in to clients, and then report on PIF/premiums etc etc.

You can get them separately, but I have yet to find a complete solution (let me rephrase, I have yet to find one that is affordable) and again you have to either bastardize the system to make it fit or use something simple.

Would help seeing what you have set up so far in order to provide any meaningful advice on whats missing/could be improved on.

I hope my system changes that. I had 3 agencies come to me and ask me if it was something I could create. The logic took a while, but I designed the site to calculate commissions based on a 1) flat rate, 2) percentage, 3) Monthly Preminum (1 or 2 months)

The system is smart enough to generate a commission after every 3rd or 4th Item, Every item after a certain number, or the first five items if there is a Commission Cap.

The one thing I didn't consider was the cancelling of a commission if the contract didn't go full-term, so that is one of the recommended changes I have to modify for the new version of the dashboard.

As far as data input, I've gone so far as to create an import screen so that transactions can be imported automatically via csv/txt or xml.

Because I am creating this from scratch, if you have any ideas, I would be happy to include them in my site.

Last edited:
I am activly looking for a commission management software
is your avaialable for a trial?

Please let me know

Dan

I am activly looking for a commission management software
is your avaialable for a trial?

Please let me know

Dan

My website is in BETA. I have received feedback on my current version of the site and it is 1-2 months away from being as user-friendly as it could be with the suggestions and enhancements that have been offered.

I am taking on testers, NO FEE, that are offering me valuable feedback. In 2 months, it'll be production ready and I will have no problem offering you a trial.

Hello, How did the website go? If you finished building the website I am interested in checking it out to see if it's what I need.

Thank You :biggrin:

I am computer software developer that has developed a prototype site that tracks and calculates commissions for agencies. I built it based on what an insurance agent friend told me she needed.

I know a lot of agents, use Excel spreadsheets to track commissions, but I am wondering what features would encourage you to use such a service like the agents I have signed up.

I'm not giving the URL out because I don't want to be seen as a spammer. However, I am very interested in what features and reports you would look for in an internet-based sales/commission application?

Are there any repetitive manual processes that you perform on a weekly/monthly basis that can be automated?

I hope you all can give me some insight on the industry so that I can make a better product.

Back