Comparative Rater Selling My Customers Info?!?

LibertyChoiceLV

Maybe its just me being paranoid, but has anyone heard of agency comparative raters selling my customers info to other insurance companies? I use Quomation and it seems as if alot of my customers Ive been contacting on renewal have been receiving letters from the same companies over and over again. Travelers, Geico, and StateFarm. Now Ive been in business for about a year and didnt think much of it when I went over my family and friends houses and noticed the same companies sending them cold sales letters. Lately Ive been noticing alot more that when I call my current customers that are up for renewal and let know about their renewal rates that they have received mail from these same three companies. These letters do no detail any prices or specifics. I am appointed with Travelers but theres no way they could of got some these customers info without me bridging a quote to their website.

Again maybe Im paranoid but does it seem possible that my comparative rater company is selling my customers non-sensitive (public info) to these companies?

These companies just do a LOT of direct mail marketing. You are just being a bit paranoid.

Every body is hungry for business right now, they are selling everything to everybody.

Dan

I think Dan is right. I have heard complaints like this from clients and after doing a little research, just found that everyone is fishing in the same pond.

As an agent is should send out red flags concerning your current book of business. What are you doing to protect your customers? Everyone else is contacting them regularly, are you?

QUOMATION COMPARATIVE RATER - A CALIFORNIA BROKER'S

REVIEW
PRICE: $199 SET-UP +$125 / MONTHLY FOR A TOTAL OF $324.00 START UP FEES.

SUMMARY: When the Quomation software product failed to access (Bridge) to some of my most competitive carrier's applications, I lost customers and was bound by Quomations 90 Cancellation Policy and a denial of refund.
PRODUCT PERFORMANCE: Several companies that Quomation listed on their software program, did notbridge to the applications. This basically made the product useless for me because I had to go directly to the carriers website and duplicate my efforts by having to enter all the same client data again and then print the app. With one carrier, I had to have them fax me the application and do a mail in after I found out the Quomation bridge was not compatible--even though the carrier was listed as being compatible! Quomation tech support could not fix it and referred me back to the carrier who told me that they had advised Quomation of the incompatibility due to incomplete programming, yet Quomation did not remove them from their compatibility list!
CUSTOMER SERVICE: After detailing my complaint and taking a couple of screen shots of the carrier list and asking for a full refund, I received NO REPLY. After another email to them I was told this; You are obligated to give 90 days notice to cancel and our policy is to not give refunds for the set-up.
OPINION: TWO OF MY DM'S HAD TOLD ME TO GO WITH THE FSC COMPARATIVE RATER AND I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED! MY BOTTOM LINE FOR ANY NEW AGENT OR BROKER CONSIDERING QUOMATION: "PAY A LITTLE EXTRA PER MONTH AND AVOID ALOT OF HEADACHES. MANY CARRIERS THAT I HAVE WANTED TO GET APPOINTMENTS WITH TO BE COMPETITIVE IN MY MARKET HAVE TOLD ME THAT I CAN ONLY WRITE BUSINESS WITH THEM THROUGH FSC RATER.
I sincerely hope my personal experience and this review lends some insight into Quomation, their software, and the company. Good Luck and have fun in the business!

Yes, Quomation is selling ther info. Hartford has removed itself from Quomation for this reason

Back