Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Technology Forum

Reply to Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court     
Old 06-16-2017, 02:10 PM   #11
djs
Guru

State: djs is an Insurance Agent from California
djs is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court Re: Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court
The case isn't in regards to agents, just NAAIP and related entities.

I don't know if he did or not, but I hope he decided against suing individual agents.

I'll leave the legal opinion of stealing information that is semi-publicly available to the legal experts. Technically, this could have been avoided pretty easily, which is far cheaper then lawyers.

Dan
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court
Old 06-16-2017, 03:32 PM   #12
Guru

State: nylife11023 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court Re: Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court nylife11023 is the thread starter for: Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court

Originally Posted by djs View Post
Technically, this could have been avoided pretty easily, which is far cheaper then lawyers.

Dan
Every settlement is cheaper than lawyers! I guess Bob has info that his adversary has deep pockets and that he can prevail in court. If the past judgement is prologue, I'd say it won't happen, but none of us are privy to the info that Bob and his legal team has.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:25 PM   #13
Guru
Josh on Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court

State: Josh is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Josh is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court Re: Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court
Originally Posted by nylife11023 View Post
Every settlement is cheaper than lawyers! I guess Bob has info that his adversary has deep pockets and that he can prevail in court. If the past judgement is prologue, I'd say it won't happen, but none of us are privy to the info that Bob and his legal team has.
No, Bob is in it "for the principle" of the thing. NAAIP is getting more free advertising than they could have imagined for this.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:42 PM   #14
Guru

Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court Re: Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court nylife11023 is the thread starter for: Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court

Originally Posted by Josh View Post
No, Bob is in it "for the principle" of the thing. NAAIP is getting more free advertising than they could have imagined for this.
I don't agree. Bob has always seemed like a level-headed businessman to me and I'm not sure he would be spending big bucks tilting at windmills. I'm pretty sure he knows something the rest of us don't. If so, I wonder what it is.

Does anyone know the financial footing of NAAIP? If Bob wins does he stand a good chance of collecting anything... at least to pay his legal bills?
Old 06-16-2017, 06:26 PM   #15
DHK
Guru
DHK on Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court

State: DHK is an Insurance Agent from California
DHK is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
I don't agree. Bob has always seemed like a level-headed businessman to me and I'm not sure he would be spending big bucks tilting at windmills. I'm pretty sure he knows something the rest of us don't. If so, I wonder what it is.
Who are you and what have you done with nylife11023?
Old 06-16-2017, 07:09 PM   #16
Guru

Originally Posted by DHK View Post
Who are you and what have you done with nylife11023?
I don't like the man personally and I disagree with the man on political and social issues, but he runs a good business which has been successful and from what I've read here over the years has provided value to life agents.

I assume he has made good biz decisions in the past so I will assume he is making one with this case although I have questioned them myself on this forum.

I figure you don't get to be as rich and successful as Bob is by making really bad biz decisions... at least not too many of them.

I will admit that if he does not have 'the goods' on NAAIP, it will rank as a really bad decision... and we've all made them.

He obviously has deep pockets and so I guess if he wants to indulge himself in legal games, it is his right to do so. Personally if I wanted to throw money away on an indulgence, I'd either buy a sailboat or keep a mistress... maybe both.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:45 AM   #17
Guru
Mattschmidt on Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court

State: Mattschmidt is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
Mattschmidt is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Not going the way Robert Barney envisioned. Wonder when this is all gets dismissed
Old 06-17-2017, 07:55 AM   #18

State: excitedaboutlife is an Insurance Agent from
I was one of the thousands of agents contacted by Bob with threats of certain lawsuit agents me for having a NAAIP site.

I spoke to Moses Newman and they tell me that this decision was based on a Bob deposition that took place months ago.

A few days ago, Bob was deposed for a second time as the expert in his company on issues of programming, etc.

As well, Moses Newman, who is a 51 year old, a top notch programmer from NY University was deposed for over 8 hours.

Moses tell me that the case is a joke and all those who were "harmed" by Bob's statements/actions will be made whole.

I guess the question will be whether to join a class action against Bob or to sue Bob individually.

There must be thousands of agents out there that have been harmed. Lol.

naaip.org/judge-order-6-11-2017.pdf

----------

I agree with you. But maybe Bob and his people didn't want to show their whole game plan in the first few plays of the first period. Perhaps they have some major artillery ready to be deployed for the battle to come?
From my conversations with Moses Newman, naaip.org programmer that got deposed for over 8 hours. Bob has no case - and Bob wanted to slow the growth/shut down naaip.org by this lawsuit. That is it - Bob took a gamble and lost - Game will be over in September and Bob gets countered by thousands of individual lawsuits or by a class action.

When a judge states factually that you have no damages, have not been harmed and you will not be harmed in the future - How do you explain to the jury/judge why you initiated the lawsuit?

Last edited by excitedaboutlife; 06-17-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:31 AM   #19
Guru
Norwayguy on Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court

State: Norwayguy is an Insurance Agent from Maine
Norwayguy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court
Originally Posted by excitedaboutlife View Post
I was one of the thousands of agents contacted by Bob with threats of certain lawsuit agents me for having a NAAIP site.

I spoke to Moses Newman and they tell me that this decision was based on a Bob deposition that took place months ago.

A few days ago, Bob was deposed for a second time as the expert in his company on issues of programming, etc.

As well, Moses Newman, who is a 51 year old, a top notch programmer from NY University was deposed for over 8 hours.

Moses tell me that the case is a joke and all those who were "harmed" by Bob's statements/actions will be made whole.

I guess the question will be whether to join a class action against Bob or to sue Bob individually.

There must be thousands of agents out there that have been harmed. Lol.

naaip.org/judge-order-6-11-2017.pdf

----------

From my conversations with Moses Newman, naaip.org programmer that got deposed for over 8 hours. Bob has no case - and Bob wanted to slow the growth/shut down naaip.org by this lawsuit. That is it - Bob took a gamble and lost - Game will be over in September and Bob gets countered by thousands of individual lawsuits or by a class action.

When a judge states factually that you have no damages, have not been harmed and you will not be harmed in the future - How do you explain to the jury/judge why you initiated the lawsuit?
Based on the past false NAAIP posters will the real David Rustien please stand up.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #20
Super Genius

State: naaipmoses is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by VolAgent View Post
Well isn't that interesting, NAAIP's attorney is a collections lawyer.
I do believe, most judges do not like to see cases tried in the court of public opinion, particularly before a jury is selected.
It is not that Bob was trying the case in the court of public opinion - Bob was using the case to pick up new customers - and to attempt to destroy a potential competitor before it gets to big.

Keep in mind that naaip.org is a free website builder for insurance agents - Obviously a free website builder that gets a huge market share becomes a Amazonian powerhouse in the insurance industry. Bob was just trying to stop that.

Agents on this forum should know that naaip.org main focus is search engine optimization for insurance websites.
Reply to Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Technology Forum