Contact management

All depends...
Why not use the company CRM? Especially if it's tied into the policy system. Do exports on a regular basis if so inclined.

Outside of that, it all depends what your selling, and what you want a CRM system to do for you. As you may have guessed, this is a frequent discussion on the forum, with no resolution, and it all depends on what you want.

And by the way, Salesforce has a free version as well. Works for what most agents would need a crm system for. Sign up for the trial, blow off the phone call you'll get, the system reverts to a 'community' edition version after the free trial, allowing you to use their crm for free. I forget what exactly they call this edition, it's not posted anywhere, but it definitely exists.

Dan

OK, I can see that I am so new to this industry and forum that the inside joke is totally blowing right over my head!
I would prefer somthing that isn't web based, if it can sync with my blackberry that would be great but if not that is ok too. I want it to trigger me for birthdays, anniversaries, dates to follow up, an export feature for mailers etc.

OK, I can see that I am so new to this industry and forum that the inside joke is totally blowing right over my head!
I would prefer somthing that isn't web based, if it can sync with my blackberry that would be great but if not that is ok too. I want it to trigger me for birthdays, anniversaries, dates to follow up, an export feature for mailers etc.

The inside jokes blow over their heads too! :) I'm saying that to get a rise out of them.:bump:

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MAXIMIZER? I USED TO USE IT PERSONALLY, BUT HAVEN'T IN YEARS. IT WASN'T WEB BASED WHEN I WAS USING IT A FEW YEARS AGO, BUT MAYBE THAT'S CHANGED, HOPEFULLY NOT, SINCE I AM LOOKING FOR A CRM MYSELF AND AM LOOKING FOR A NON-WEB BASED CRM. MAXIMIZER HAS THE BIRTHDAY, ANNIVERSARY TRIGGERS, ETC...

HOPE THAT HELPS.

And for the inside jokes, I just meant it as a joke, since I have no idea what y'all are talking about.

Hi Looking,

Yes, there is an "inside joke" of sorts. I won't take the time to go into it, however, if you want to call me I can fill you in. My number is at the bottom.

"Your Insurance Office" (YIO) is not web based, it will sync to your Blackberry and will alert you of birthdays, dates to follow up and has it's own built in mail merge that allows you to send personalized letters to groups of clients and prospects. There are a host of other features, all of which have been requested by successful, producing insurance agents throughout the US and in eleven foreign countries.

Support is unlimited and toll-free. Your first year commission from the sale of one policy will usually more than pay for the cost of the program.

The free demo is the actual full-working version of the program so everything works. It is locked to limit a total of 10 records but those 10 can be deleted and 10 more added. This can be done as often as necessary.

It is the only program that I am aware of that is specifically designed for L&H agents that has no learning curve and is extremely affordable. Anyone who can use a mouse and keyboard can load it and begin working immediately in it.

Call me anytime and I will be happy to answer any of your questions.

Many members of this board are using it and have nothing but praise for it.

The inside jokes blow over their heads too! :) I'm saying that to get a rise out of them.:bump:

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MAXIMIZER? I USED TO USE IT PERSONALLY, BUT HAVEN'T IN YEARS. IT WASN'T WEB BASED WHEN I WAS USING IT A FEW YEARS AGO, BUT MAYBE THAT'S CHANGED, HOPEFULLY NOT, SINCE I AM LOOKING FOR A CRM MYSELF AND AM LOOKING FOR A NON-WEB BASED CRM. MAXIMIZER HAS THE BIRTHDAY, ANNIVERSARY TRIGGERS, ETC...

HOPE THAT HELPS.

And for the inside jokes, I just meant it as a joke, since I have no idea what y'all are talking about.

I don't understand why anyone would use a non web-based application. I really see absolutely no advantage to this? Why store data on your own computer that could go to crap at any time? Also, having the ability to access your CRM from any computer seems like a powerful feature to me..

I don't understand why anyone would use a non web-based application. I really see absolutely no advantage to this? Why store data on your own computer that could go to crap at any time? Also, having the ability to access your CRM from any computer seems like a powerful feature to me..

I personally prefer a non-web based program because I want to be able to access my data when I'm traveling without the hassle of going on the internet. It takes two minutes to back up data from YIO to a CD. Is your time that valuable that you can't spare two minutes?

Yes, with a web based program you can access your data from any computer. Jacqueline and I travel a lot. Do you honestly think that I am going to leave my laptop at home and search for a library or an internet cafe to find a computer that I can use to access my data. Not NO but HELL NO. I'm going to download my "office" to my laptop and take my laptop with me.

Web based programs are necessary for large companies that have numerous offices and employees in locations around a state or the country that need access to data. Why would an independent agent not want to have their data on their laptop when they travel? I do not see that "huge

What happens in those rare cases when the internet goes down because of weather or location? You are out of business until it is back up.

I'm sure programs like Sugar are great for agents who are very computer literate and who enjoy and have the time to screw around with trying to make it do what they want it to do. However, there are agents out there that neither have the time, knowledge or inclination to spend the time necessary to build their own program.

I do not see where being to access data from "any computer" is a "powerful advantage" for an independent agent working by himself. You are going to have to explain that one to me in a lot more detail.

I'm gonna agree with Frank on this one.

I'm off on a trip May 2nd and obviously my laptop's going with me with YIO....which I can access without an internet connection....on the plane for example or in my hotel room at any time without worrying about a connection.

I can't see where I'd be for any length of time without my laptop. Is my business that huge where I really need 24/7 access from every computer in the world? I'm not quite there yet.

I do not see where being to access data from "any computer" is a "powerful advantage" for an independent agent working by himself. You are going to have to explain that one to me in a lot more detail.

SO are you saying women need a web based program? I am confused.:)

P.S.
I am very happy with YIO and agree that non web programs are better for me. Of course I am a "him". :)

Back