Do I Want a CRM or AMS?

anaxagoras

I've heard the term CRM and AMS thrown around a lot, infact i've worked with sugarcrm in the past. I set it up for one of my clients, and messed around with it a little. Never looked into an AMS though.
Backstory:
My parents run a mom and pop independent insurance agency out of their house. Been doing it for about 10 years now and they have everything on paper. I'm trying to help them streamline their office. I work in IT and i'm life and health licensed in our state, and sell those products on the side. Mom and Pop sell life/health/Indemnity/annuities/P&C. The 3 of us combined have just shy of 3k clients, some with multiple products. Mom also does the office work, haphazardly with no real organization method. Sometimes they need to pull up old leads or apps due and it's always a multi day process trying to find it.

I've got them set up with google calendar for the synchronization to their android phones. We do a lot of medicare business and as a result we do a lot of house calls.

I've also set up Asterisk PBX to handle their office phones.

Question
Being that I work in IT I have a vision, and maybe it's overkill. Some sort of software, preferably web based that I can host locally. I want to be able to store all of a clients information on it. When they signed up, their birthday, address, phone #, etc. I want to be able to include attachments such as a copy of their app (usually this includes their SS# which is why i'd like to have it locally, or with a service that has adequate protection for this type of information) and any other relevant paper documents.

If a client calls from a phone number associated with their account that it will bring up who they are and what they have. Ideally this would integrate with Asterisk.

Something that will integrate with google calendar to make setting up the appointment a little easier. Why retype in the clients address in the appt window every single time if it's already in the system.

Some way of tracking commissions and generating reports so we can compare the monthly commission statements against.

I'm sure there are other things I haven't even thought of. I'm really not familiar with this type of software, but more than capable and willing to learn.

Hi,

You should have a look at QQSolutions. Our AMS product is QQCatalyst and is cloud-based with an open API. We can integrate with VoiP phone systems and also offer excellent pricing plans that fit agencies of any size.

Over 5,000 agencies use QQSolutions everyday to power their business and I would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your agency and understand your requirements in more detail.

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or contact our sales team at 954 640 0800.

anaxagoras,

This is a subject that we've covered on our blog (AgencyBloc) as it's a question that comes up often.

Here's an excerpt from an article on this subject:

"While working with life and health agencies who have gone through the process of switching systems, I’ve consistently heard the following 8 reasons for using an industry-specific Agency Management System over a generic CRM:

“It's easier to track the things that I need to track."
“The support team knows my needs.”
“I can run reports that make sense for my agency."
“I don’t have to spend time customizing the system to work for my agency."
“It’s easier to stay organized without custom fields all over.”
“The available features are specific to what I need.”
“Commissions processing saves us hours of time each month.”
“I don’t have to work around all of the features that I don’t need.”

I hope this helps you in your search! Let me know if I can clarify anything.

At the very least I would look at something like Act! or Salesforce. There is also an offering called Insightly, which syncs with Google and Google Apps.

We use a combination of software products in our office, including AMS Prime, Intellect by Chaos Software.

Figure out the basic workflow before you decide on something and then try them out (Insightly is free), set some procedures, make everyone adhere to them. I would not recommend storing client data in the cloud unless you have an iron clad data source. We store everything on site, backup regularly.

Our office is like a well-oiled machine and the software products that we use are stable, lightweight and all runs very quickly.

Also go out and buy a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner.

At the very least I would look at something like Act! or Salesforce. There is also an offering called Insightly, which syncs with Google and Google Apps.

We use a combination of software products in our office, including AMS Prime, Intellect by Chaos Software.

Figure out the basic workflow before you decide on something and then try them out (Insightly is free), set some procedures, make everyone adhere to them. I would not recommend storing client data in the cloud unless you have an iron clad data source. We store everything on site, backup regularly.

Our office is like a well-oiled machine and the software products that we use are stable, lightweight and all runs very quickly.

Also go out and buy a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner.

Would you happen to know if Insightly is able to automatically download documents from the carriers?

How important is that download feature to everyone?

@Anaxagoras:I've heard the term CRM and AMS thrown around a lot, infact i've worked with sugarcrm in the past. I set it up for one of my clients, and messed around with it a little. Never looked into an AMS though.

--------------------------
You have to watch what is being termed CRM. I think in terms of "Customer Relationship Management", whereas many say "Contact".... I want more than a program to organize my contacts, I want client... customer... management. ----From Lead Management to Client Retention. I guess I am really spoiled with YIO. I can't find anything that comes close to the late Frank Stastny's program. Everything available now that emulates his program costs hundreds of dollars/mo and is cloud-based.

I am looking now at Radius Bob's software, but still a monthly plan.

Back