Faxing Without a Fax Machine

I've used Kall8 (toll free fax #) for probably 7 or 8 years for incoming fax (to email). Works great. Never had an issue.
I recently canned my landline and ported that number to a cell home phone. So I don't use my traditional fax anymore... (actually haven't faxed out anything in the past 6 mos) I use scan/email.

I may end up switching my service as Kall8 doesn't fax out. They have worked great on inbound and are super cheap, but I can't fax out if I need to with them. They do have a sister company, so that may be the route I go.

I looked at RingCentral a while back, but the cost (to me) is too high...unless I used their service alot, for my situation it doesn't make sense.

If you want to keep what you have now, SRfax offers a free service for outgoing faxes. But you are limited to just a couple of pages though with the free service.

For $3 per month you can get the premium service that lets you send/receive a good bit.

-----------

I agree that rigncentral is expensive. I cant justify paying $30/m for something I dont even use once a month. Thats why I use the $3/m plan with SRfax.

Last edited:
If you want to keep what you have now, SRfaxoffers a free service for outgoing faxes. But you are limited to just a couple of pages though with the free service.

For $3 per month you can get the premium service that lets you send/receive a good bit.

-----------

I agree that rigncentral is expensive. I cant justify paying $30/m for something I dont even use once a month. Thats why I use the $3/m plan with SRfax.

Good to know, i'l check it out. Thx

The USR modem arrived today. Tried it and it works just fine for sending. Set it for manual receive and that works well on this end. The sender might get a message that it failed to connect.

For $17 and no monthly fee I might just use this when my Maxemail subscription runs out next year.

Of course you need a landline to use this. Fortunately I have POTS so no problem.

If you want to keep what you have now, SRfax offers a free service for outgoing faxes. But you are limited to just a couple of pages though with the free service. For $3 per month you can get the premium service that lets you send/receive a good bit. ----------- I agree that rigncentral is expensive. I cant justify paying $30/m for something I dont even use once a month. Thats why I use the $3/m plan with SRfax.

$3/mo that's much cheaper than RC. I paid for the year, so I will look at that next year.

I went with Nextiva, local number, fax number and toll free for $35(?) a month. Then the fancy phone was free (some promotion) and it does all this sync stuff with my cell.

Obviously, I have no clue, but I will PM you the contact info.

I had Nextiva for a few years, with their old legacy system, and it was a pain. But in comparison with regular phones that was a breakthrough. Now, for 2 years I've had RingCentral, and it's way easier phone system to setup, at least for me.

I used fax87 for about a year (which I do NOT recommend), faxes would randomly not go through, no notification, so you were left in the dark.

I am entering my 2nd year of NextivaFax and I have to say they are excellent. If a fax fails (usually its an error on the receiving end) you get an email and text notification. Their customer service is also excellent.

Back