Health Quoting

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
I know I have seen a thread on this. If you wanted to send quotes out from 3-4 different companies, has anyone found a faster way to do it than to figure all the quotes yourself?

Until either of them has all the carriers in my state they're useless to me. On top of that, the absolute last thing I want is clients running their own rates and applying online.

I was just thinking about email purposes. I have been ditching leads pretty quickly lately, but I have thought about sending a final email with a quote board or something before I put them in the 6 month follow-up file. Regardless of anyone's opinions on whether this is the best way to manage leads, I was just curious if anyone knew a software program that would generate several quotes so I don't have to waste much time...

I beat Somarco to the punch on that one!

last thing I want is clients running their own rates

Don't knock it if you have not tried it.

Works very well for me. Makes the process interactive. Prospects are going online and running their own quotes any way. Might as well be on my site. That way I can at least track what they are looking at.

I actually wouldn't mind taking a look at it but Quotit would need Coventry, Carefirst Blue Cross (they have a nice HSA with no drug caps) Assurant, GR and Aetna. If they only have two or three of those it's pointless.

Right now I'm creating a re-designed website that not only will allow my clients to run their own quotes.....all of them, not just the companies Quotit and Norvax have, but also have short video guides explaining what the story is.

I kinda don't mind the theory of clients running quotes but it needs context. For example, one of my vids will be entitled "Need Maternity?" Then a short video will explain their maternity options and drive them to the companies that offer it.

Also, when my sister is finished with my site, there's no "fee" like $80 a month I have to pay - just my hosting.

Last edited:
What would your sister charge other agents to use this system, or implement it on their own websites? :) Something like this would really be nice to have... both for the agent, and for potential clients.

Will your site allow visitors to enter data once and compare plans side by side?

If not, most won't use the quoting service.

I have sites where links are provided for each of my carriers but each click requires new data entry and nothing to show the plans side by side.

I pick up at least one new client per month as a result of my quote engine. At least that was the case with Norvax. I see no reason why it should change with Quotit.

One new client = $80/month in as earned commissions. All I really need is one new client per year to make a "profit" off my Quotit software. Anything after that is pure profit.

Will your site allow visitors to enter data once and compare plans side by side?

I have sites where links are provided for each of my carriers but each click requires new data entry and nothing to show the plans side by side.

I pick up at least one new client per month as a result of my quote engine. At least that was the case with Norvax. I see no reason why it should change with Quotit.

One new client = $80/month in as earned commissions. All I really need is one new client per year to make a "profit" off my Quotit software. Anything after that is pure profit.

Somarco... How do you drive traffic to your website? SEO, pay-per-click, or is there another method you use?

I really don't want my overall system to change - I drive people to my site, they fill out my quote form, I call them and take it from there. I'll never have a system designed where clients would go to my site, run rates and apply. In fact, one of my videos will be why clients should never do that.

That being said, I do have people apply right online though my various links. So if that's gonna be the way it is as I drive a lot more traffic to my site I at least want them to know the basics - especially regarding underwriting.

Back