I have tried Gary's CRM software....

You're assuming any significant number of agents are actually going to make calls. Gary could give his system for free to 100 agents. Guess how many would have made more than a hour of calls by the end of the week.

We could all go BtoB too - eventually we'd hear "HEY - YOU'RE THE 4TH DAMNED AGENT TO WALK IN HERE THIS WEEK! ENOUGH!"

But Al the truth is the 100% commission sales field mainly appeals to the "get me six figures without working" people. As soon as they find out work is involved they're off to the next "sales opportunity."

My bet is that it would take all of 50 agents with Gary's system to "drown" all the business lines of a city of 500,000 people. Do the math of 50 agents calling 8 lines at once.

IANAL, but I watch Boston Legal each week... and I have no doubt that someone who gets called 4 times a day by agents (or anyone) using someone's system is going to find a lawyer and sue that someone for biz disruption... and there isn't a jury on the planet that won't agree.

Why do you think so much of the spam you get originates in Russia or E. Europe or Nigeria? You ever try to sue someone in Nigeria?

Al

Well right now you have a theory about what's to come in the future - not today's reality....which is how I run my business.

I'll be the 1st one to ditch telemarketing once owners start telling me I'm the "Xth" person to call. As it stands now I have yet to have a single owner tell me any other agent has called about health insurance.

Al, face reality. Do you get calls daily? I do, usually some recorded voice offering me 1) carpet cleaning 2) my extended warranty for my car is coming up for renewal (sure, they're calling my 2nd line so it's not for me) 3) real estate agents wanting to know if I'm interested in selling my house, the list goes on and on. Does it matter? Not really, if it's a recording, I hang up. How easy is that? If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer it. InfoUSA called me every day last week, I have caller ID and have no reason to pick up, so guess what? They don't leave a message. If I get a live person, I simply tell them thank you for calling but I'm not interested and hang up. It's the most gentle way I can think of. I don't swear, don't get irate, just a simple "Not Interested" and hang up. So, this is how it is, in place today. Gary's system isn't unique, it's unique to those of us independents who aren't with some mega telemarketing entity, it helps us be competetive. No harm with that.

It's how business gets done.

The telemarketing industry is geared towards residential:

mortgage refi's
credit card offer
phone companies
consumer survery
charities

Not much is geared towards businesses since marketers have to get past gatekeepers.

Forum members who have questions:
Marketing Campaign Solutions has a lot of members who are clients on this forum appreciate all the input regarding our systems. Is you have questions regarding what our systems do and dont do, cost, lines etc...
Just shoot me an email or call me personally. I will not only show you through a webinar (LIVE), but also give you a couple days for free to show you the power of prospecting this way. I can discuss price and answer any questions you might have at that point.
Here is Company contact info and personal contact info:
Gary Prado
Flash Intro Page
Email: [email protected]
office: 800-660-6863
cell: 912-596-8417

Look to the possible future. Every agent on the planet PLUS every other service business (and maybe non-service business) gets a system like Gary's. That means everyone's business line rings non-stop such that the small business... can't do business.

There will be overwhelming support for a biz DNC list... and I'd be the first to sign it if I were getting four dozen "Gary's system" calls a day.

Remember when we all used to get 50 junk faxes a day? Remember when we got call after call during dinner time at home? What as the result of that?

Al

Do you get the irony of your post? A DNC list for businesses would not allow any business to make any calls. Why would these businesses even need a phone line? Your small businesses that could not get anything done without a DNC list would get nothing done with a DNC list. :laugh:

I'll be the 1st one to ditch telemarketing once owners start telling me I'm the "Xth" person to call. As it stands now I have yet to have a single owner tell me any other agent has called about health insurance.

Yes, that's now! But what if Gary's marketing (with your endorsement) brings 50 other agents in the Odenton MD area into the system such that every business owner gets those 5 insurance calls a day, day after day. And because the system is so good, all the aluminum siding guys get Gary's system. And then the Pre-Paid Legal guys get it. And then the merchant card guys get it. Sooner than you think, the small business folks on any list (Go-Leads, ReferenceUSA, D&B, etc.) will be deluged with phone spam. They are going to petition their state legislators to pass some kind of law similar to the fax statutes. Why you don't see this, I don't understand... because you are usually one of the more perceptive people on this board.

Al

Do you get the irony of your post? A DNC list for businesses would not allow any business to make any calls.

No. The statute will say you can't make calls with auto-dialers. It will be similar to the fax statutes. You can send as much snail mail as you like... but you can't broadcast fax the same material.

Would this be anti-technology? Sure. Do you know why we have a QWERTY keyboard? Because when the typewriter was first invented other layouts let typists go too fast and the keys jammed. The engineers realized that the QWERTY keyboard would, by design, slow people down.

Nobody misses broadcast faxes. No one will miss the auto-dialed spam phone calls if my prediction comes true.

Al

because I know how many agents are actually willing to telemarket, I have no such fears.

I also tout BtoB and still do it. Wouldn't I worry that other Odenton agents would put flyers in local business. How PO'd would local biz owners be in 8 different agents walked in with health insurance flyers?

Back