I Made a Commission/Deposit/Tax Tracker/Spreadsheet that I'm Sharing.

downloaded that open office apache from the link you listed and i'm still having issues with the quarterly/yearly formulas importing.

it's not updating the unpaid advances either...hmmm

You mean importing from the Setup sheet to the bottom section of Column G (Company names)? If you've entered in company names it should copy over to all the rest of the monthly sheets. However, It's been years since I've messed with OpenOffice so there could be some issues with using it.

If the unpaid advances aren't showing then make sure that Column E is blank and that Column T doesn't have "A/E" showing (BTW, if "A/E" is selected then changing Column E has no effect). Also if Column C shows "N" (for a non-issue) that will also blank out any unpaid advances.

It's also important to thoroughly read the help comments on sheet M1.

forgive my excel ignorance, but is there a way to sort a column (specifically by app date)?

Technically, you can't do that with this spreadsheet. You can only sort a column that does not have any merged cells within that column. And there are alot of merged cells within the entire spreadsheet.

Hey Jerard I think I'm starting to get a hang of this lol.

Another quick question, is there anything I can do when I run out of cells to list my deposits for the month?

Hey Jerard I think I'm starting to get a hang of this lol.

Another quick question, is there anything I can do when I run out of cells to list my deposits for the month?

Well...good. The spreadsheet allows up to 30 sales per month and that is also the number of deposits you are limited to. If you are running out of room then I would consolidate all deposits from a single company to one day and then itemize what clients they are for under "Client Name". And since not many banks deposit on weekends that should give you enough room. You do realize that section of for bank deposits, right?

In other thoughts, if you are running out off room for deposits you may need to think about hiring a CPA. :D

If only my expenses didn't add up just as fast as my deposits then we'd be in business.

Now what would you suggest for the hopeful month that I write more than 30 apps?

If only my expenses didn't add up just as fast as my deposits then we'd be in business.

Now what would you suggest for the hopeful month that I write more than 30 apps?

The spreadsheet is designed for the newer agent that would most likely have limited funds. That's why I've limited the suggested donation to only $5 bucks (hint). If an agent progresses to the point of running out of room for sales then hiring a CPA is the next step.

One option is to maintain two copies of the spreadsheet with the second one being an "overflow".

Gotcha. Well thanks again and as this looks like it will work for me moving forward I'm definitely planning to donate to the project. Gracias!

Back