Insurance Software Terminology

Paulyester

If any of you have followed my posts before, I work for an insurance software provider and I like to get opinions from our customers/potential customers as we work to make our product better.

That being said, I'm looking for opinions on some terminology.

In your agency management software, if you're entering a new policy and you first must select in a dropdown list what type to write and you are given a list of:
Personal
Commercial
Life
Health
Bonds

How would you label that list? Type of Insurance, Insurance Type, Line Type, Line of Insurance, Application Type, those are just some options, feel free to add to the list if that's what you would call it.

Thanks!

----------

No opinions? If're you're viewing this thread, I would appreciate a quick reply of what terminology you use to distinguish the different types of insurance.

If any of you have followed my posts before, I work for an insurance software provider and I like to get opinions from our customers/potential customers as we work to make our product better.

That being said, I'm looking for opinions on some terminology.

In your agency management software, if you're entering a new policy and you first must select in a dropdown list what type to write and you are given a list of:
Personal
Commercial
Life
Health
Bonds

How would you label that list? Type of Insurance, Insurance Type, Line Type, Line of Insurance, Application Type, those are just some options, feel free to add to the list if that's what you would call it.

Thanks!

----------

No opinions? If're you're viewing this thread, I would appreciate a quick reply of what terminology you use to distinguish the different types of insurance.

Line

Less is more. Less clutter.

Personal Opinion "Type" - the agent will understand (if not the drop down will) - Line is fine but to me that may confuse the LOB (P AUTO).

Again just my opinion.

Back