Laser App, App on a Lap, Etc. - Anyone Using Something Like This?

WMG

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
NY/NJ
I've seen Laser App, although it's been a long time since I've looked. When I last looked at it, it seemed "good" -- although I really didn't look that closely.

I've hear a few more of these "app on a lap" capabilities have hit the marketplace.

Anyone using this software/technology? In speaking with more GA's and home offices, more and more are exclusively using straight-through-processing and eliminating various stops/stages in the process.

Any thoughts? Anyone taking advantage of this? Thank you in advance.

Re: Laser App, App on a Lap, Etc. - Anyone Using Something Like T

Anyone? Thoughts, comments? Thank you.

What are you trying to do?
Its been a couple of years since I used LaserApp, but it worked wonderfully for what it is.

If you are doing accord forms, formsboss is a great (and affordable) tool.

Dan

What are you trying to do?
Its been a couple of years since I used LaserApp, but it worked wonderfully for what it is.

If you are doing accord forms, formsboss is a great (and affordable) tool.

Dan

Thanks. As far as what am I trying to do -- I was looking at efficiency and effectiveness. More and more I am hearing about companies going to "app on a lap" or "straight-through processing" or "electronic submission" and so on. I was just looking at my own process, the entire field underwriting process -- from getting the application signed to completing it, proofing, etc., right up to submission.

Many years ago, I had seen one software application -- not sure if it was Laser App -- and I think it worked in conjunction with another software application, where you typed in the client's name, and much of the entire application was automatically populated. I don't know if it was working in conjunction with Smart Office or ACT or what.

Any thoughts? How did Laser App work in your process?

How did formsboss work exactly?

Thank you very much in advance.

Thanks. As far as what am I trying to do -- I was looking at efficiency and effectiveness. More and more I am hearing about companies going to "app on a lap" or "straight-through processing" or "electronic submission" and so on. I was just looking at my own process, the entire field underwriting process -- from getting the application signed to completing it, proofing, etc., right up to submission.

Many years ago, I had seen one software application -- not sure if it was Laser App -- and I think it worked in conjunction with another software application, where you typed in the client's name, and much of the entire application was automatically populated. I don't know if it was working in conjunction with Smart Office or ACT or what.

Any thoughts? How did Laser App work in your process?

How did formsboss work exactly?

Thank you very much in advance.

I do know that Smart Office has the capability. I personally don't use it but I do work with a health insurance agency that uses it to manage their practice and loves it.

I tried to use LaserApp some years ago, I'm sure it works better now as participation has probably increased.

Laser App (and formsboss) fill out paper forms. Just makes it a bunch easier.

Laser App works well for securities stuff, since you usually need a paper app, but I don't know if it will work for whatever lines you are selling. Like I said, it would be nice to know what you are trying to do with it (i.e., what are you selling) or else its hard to frame the discussion.

Laser App does work with ACT!. That is how I used it. Don't need ACT, but it did interface with it.

Dan

I do know that Smart Office has the capability. I personally don't use it but I do work with a health insurance agency that uses it to manage their practice and loves it.

I tried to use LaserApp some years ago, I'm sure it works better now as participation has probably increased.

Thanks. When you say "participation" -- are you talking about LaserApp being able to "pull" information from more programs (like Smart Office, Act, etc.) and populate the application?

I am really unfamiliar with any of these software applications. I had an agent once show me how he was using LaserApp, filled in some brief information, and presto, the application was populated with all of the information (pulled from somewhere else I guess).

Thanks again.

Back