Leads 360 VS Push Email for Internet Lead Delivery

azmedsupagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have been in the insurance game for a few years now and I generate about 50 percent of my business from internet leads. My problem is that I have been finding that other agents are contacting these leads faster than I can using push email to recieve my leads. I think I have figured out the problem and im hoping for some feedback here.

I think more people are using crm software like leads 360 to recieve thier internet leads rather than having a lead company like insureme send the lead directly to a gmail account.

It seems like leads 360 can get your leads to you quicker than a push email account. Has anyone else found this to be true?

I agree with the you on speed of response. I often find a lead rings my droid, then 2 minutes later shows up on my office outlook email. Both of these should be using push to get email. In most cases, I still get the busy signal when I call the lead.

From what I have gathered on the forum, some have done research on contact ratio, time to contact, etc; but I believe there are some issues that keep us from being the first to call:
1 - call centers are "plugged" in to the lead sources
2 - lead "freshness" - leads are resold so many times, it's amazing. I get leads from one of the big names, and some leads come in with all the details (name, dob, etc) for the children, while other leads come with a note that says "request a quote for (2) children also". Why are the leads from the same company have different info in it? Answer, they are buying leads from either other companies, affiliates, or both. If the lead is coming from other sources, your lead is not so "fresh."

I have called leads who have told me that I was th 4 agent to call, when I just received the lead, so that tells me affiliates or resold lead.

Possible solution maybe to get your leads via text message if possible. I have not tried this, but I may in the future.

I would be interested in what others have to say.

I agree with the you on speed of response. I often find a lead rings my droid, then 2 minutes later shows up on my office outlook email. Both of these should be using push to get email. In most cases, I still get the busy signal when I call the lead.

From what I have gathered on the forum, some have done research on contact ratio, time to contact, etc; but I believe there are some issues that keep us from being the first to call:
1 - call centers are "plugged" in to the lead sources
2 - lead "freshness" - leads are resold so many times, it's amazing. I get leads from one of the big names, and some leads come in with all the details (name, dob, etc) for the children, while other leads come with a note that says "request a quote for (2) children also". Why are the leads from the same company have different info in it? Answer, they are buying leads from either other companies, affiliates, or both. If the lead is coming from other sources, your lead is not so "fresh."

I have called leads who have told me that I was th 4 agent to call, when I just received the lead, so that tells me affiliates or resold lead.

Possible solution maybe to get your leads via text message if possible. I have not tried this, but I may in the future.

I would be interested in what others have to say.

Well thats exactly what im talking about, the call centers are plugged by using a CRM like leads 360 to interface directly with the lead company. Those using a crm are recieving thier leads via https/xml posting rather than push email. From what I gather this xml/https posting is quite a bit quicker than even a push email set up. Does anyone know this to be true?

The delivery to leads360 is faster than email transmission. Http post happens in miliseconds, compared to email taking sometimes up to a minute or two because it has to travel through multiple servers to the destination.

It's like the difference between a direct flight and a flight with several layovers.

If you're getting lead delivery through email, it is possible that someone using a system that utilizes http put/get/post has already emailed the lead and could have called them before you even got the email, they have a couple minutes lead on you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you're calling within 30 minutes and you're being told you were the 4th agent to call, you're getting a resold lead.

The lead vendors will resell leads to other lead vendors. They sometimes delay that sale up to 45 minutes. I subscribed to about 9 lead vendors at once to see what they were doing, and saw the same lead show up sometimes up to an hour and a half apart from 4-5 different vendors, including the same typos, and the people I spoke with told me they filled out one form.

There are tons of threads about this practice between the lead vendor companies all over this forum.

Last edited:
Email will ALWAYS lose to an html post. It's just the way it works. Email tends to get involved in multiple (small) delays for things like spam checking, virus checking, your email client only checks every few minutes for new email, etc.

Let me put this in perspective. If I'm using my dialer, a new internet lead is submitted, the post is pushed directly to my dialer, it is cued to be the very next call as soon as a line is open, and I could be ringing their phone within 5-10 seconds of them submitting the lead. Figure in reality, about 30 seconds.

If you have it go to leads360 (and aren't using a dialing system), you probably are about4-5 minutes to make that same call, at best.

Email, probably 7-8, at best.

Now, I hate internet leads, so I don't do it this way anymore, but many call centers and even a lot of agents have systems to dial virtually instantly when a lead comes in.

In the world of automated systems, it's hard to compete for internet leads without using them.

Dan

Email will ALWAYS lose to an html post. It's just the way it works. Email tends to get involved in multiple (small) delays for things like spam checking, virus checking, your email client only checks every few minutes for new email, etc.

Let me put this in perspective. If I'm using my dialer, a new internet lead is submitted, the post is pushed directly to my dialer, it is cued to be the very next call as soon as a line is open, and I could be ringing their phone within 5-10 seconds of them submitting the lead. Figure in reality, about 30 seconds.

If you have it go to leads360 (and aren't using a dialing system), you probably are about4-5 minutes to make that same call, at best.

Email, probably 7-8, at best.

Now, I hate internet leads, so I don't do it this way anymore, but many call centers and even a lot of agents have systems to dial virtually instantly when a lead comes in.

In the world of automated systems, it's hard to compete for internet leads without using them.

Dan

Dan,

well actually I do not currently use a polling email like you described where it only checks for new mail every few minutes. I use a push email that should instantly push the email out to my android phone once it arives in my gmail inbox. I am a very quick to dial when that email notification goes off on my android cell phone, I am dialing the number within 10 seconds of my phone notifying me so I dont think the issue is not using a dialer. I think the issue is how fast my email recieves the lead from the provider. I have been finding that I sometimes am about the 3-4 call within 5-10 minutes.

I am not sure how you are coming up with 4-5 minutes using leads 360 with no dialer. If it posts directly to my leads 360 account you better believe im dialing that number with in 10 seconds unless im already on the phone with someone else. Care to elaborate?

Last edited:
too slow tortoise, you need a pre-cognitive dialer that will dial before the lead is created lol haha......

My point is simple. If it's not automated (i.e., a dialer automatically is dialing that number), there is an inherent human delay to pick up the phone, dial the number. Most people will take a 'moment' to scan the lead before dialing, a few misdials, etc.

Also, odds are, if you are doing your job, you are on the phone, or at least doing the followup on the last call when the lead comes in. Again, human nature is to send the email I'm currently working on for the last call before starting the next. An automated dialing system doesn't care, it dials.

A few 30 second delays will get you to what I figure, on average, will be a 4-5 minute delay in getting to that lead. Don't get me wrong, 4-5 minutes is awesome time, just it isn't the 'fastest' available. If you consistently want to be first, it won't work. It will get you first frequently though.

A 'push' from gmail is inherently slow since gmail is inherently slow. Actually, gmail is blazingly fast given the number of emails they process, but they do a lot of processing on incoming emails. Heck, try it sometime, send an email from yahoo to gmail and see how long it takes to show up. Sometimes virtually instantly, sometimes 2 minutes, most of the time about 30 seconds. Then the push to your phone starts.... In the meantime, an automated system potentially has your lead on the phone already.

There are other problems with all of this, all of this discussion assumes the lead was generated by the company distributing it. If that didn't happen, then there are other delays and issues and you dial 'instantly' and still be a half hour past the lead being submitted.

Dan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
too slow tortoise, you need a pre-cognitive dialer that will dial before the lead is created lol haha......

Many people have these. It's called cold-calling. You don't yet know you need to update your insurance, but I'm calling to let you know.....

Dan

Last edited:

Those aren't the only reasons why you might be the 4th agent.

I generate my own leads. I do all the SEO, PPC and programming work so there is no middle man selling the lead to a third party.

I'm primarily an affiliate, but the Connecticut health insurance leads get worked by my agency.

We get plenty of people who are on somebody else's website within 5 minutes of visiting ours.

Many people feel like they haven't done their due diligence unless they have checked rates on multiple websites.

They hit one website, click "print" and go back to Google.

We get plenty of people who are on somebody else's website within 5 minutes of visiting ours.

Many people feel like they haven't done their due diligence unless they have checked rates on multiple websites.

They hit one website, click "print" and go back to Google.

I have noticed that as well.

Sometimes I catch them while still on my site, and printing info like with a lady this AM, but that is rare.

Wife, husband, 2 kids and trying to decide which SmartSense plan she wanted.

Gave her enough information to raise some questions in her mind but got a feeling she is a type A that likes to control everything. I will drip on her but won't waste a lot of time until it looks like she is serious about buying from me.

Back