Life Quoting Engine

ShanHikari

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hello I've been doing life for awhile now and using Winflex for all my carriers but am wondering if there is anything better that can have multiple life companies on it as well as have the companies annuities presentations and illustrators on it? Any help would be much appreciated. The only thing that I've found so far is Winflex but it takes forever since with about 60 companies its almost like sifting through everyone of them to find a product with a good company that suits my clients needs.

Many thanks for the advice in advance!

winflex, at least the one I have access to, is horrific. Compulife is substantially easier to use - I just wish it looked better - I feel like I'm transported back to 1990 and Windows 3.0 whenever I use it.

Compulife is substantially easier to use - I just wish it looked better - I feel like I'm transported back to 1990 and Windows 3.0 whenever I use it.

I take your point on look and feel but please keep some things in mind.

1. Time spent programming the look and feel is time taken from other projects such as improving functions.

2. Change defeats simplicity. The look of something is part of the way something is used. Change the look and someone has to adapt to the new appearance and therefore learn over how it works. I can't tell you how many people complained they liked the DOS version of our program better than the Windows version when we first rolled that out. And I know from personal experience. We purchase accounting and database software that has been changed in look and feel, and there is always a period required to adapt to the new style and layout. It makes first time users think the software is nice, but it ticks off existing users who don't like change and having to adapt.

3. In case you haven't noticed, Compulife looks old because of menus and a client entry screen with BIG FONTS and BIG BUTTONS. That is intentional. We have many agents who use outdated equipment with small screens. They are usually complaining that they can't see certain things very well. And you can't imagine how tough it is to convince an agent to upgrade his desktop monitor from 15" to 20".

4. I was at my opticians office a couple of weeks ago and noticed they still used a database program for ordering eye glasses that was written in DOS. I suspect that there is something newer but the user does not want to pay to upgrade. At the end of the day, that drives most decisions for software upgrades - what people are prepared to pay. If more money is invested, to make the program "appear" more modern, will people be willing to pay more for it? Let me be more specific, would agents be willing to pay more for it? After 28 years of being in the software business, there is no way they will pay for it.

5. Will the look and feel change? Sure. But it will follow a major renovation that Compulife is planning to the underlying structure of our software. Those changes will permit us to expand it's function and improve its maintenance. Following that, I suspect we will go to newer development tools for the user interface, and at that point the interface will look more modern. But in the end, it's just not that high a priority.

"I was at my opticians office a couple of weeks ago and noticed they still used a database program for ordering eye glasses that was written in DOS."

Wow... That's pretty darn old, I think they need a Costco membership and a new desktop lol.

But thank you I think that I'll probably go with Compulife, looked into it and saw what you mean about it looking like it came from the 90's. But sometimes simple is better. The big buttons are actually kind of nice since I work with seniors a lot. Fit's nicely on a 17.5" laptop lol.

And the laptop does not run on DOS...:D

You won't regret it. The online quotes look nicer. Work great on my phone. Hoping they come up with a Driod app. They will add companies you use.

"I was at my opticians office a couple of weeks ago and noticed they still used a database program for ordering eye glasses that was written in DOS."

Wow... That's pretty darn old, I think they need a Costco membership and a new desktop lol.

But thank you I think that I'll probably go with Compulife, looked into it and saw what you mean about it looking like it came from the 90's. But sometimes simple is better. The big buttons are actually kind of nice since I work with seniors a lot. Fit's nicely on a 17.5" laptop lol.

And the laptop does not run on DOS...:D

was going thorugh the interne and found that this life qouting engine is now a days working very well and also generating well effective outcomes..people are also trying to gather as much information as they can in order to generate better outcomes

Back