Norvax Quoting Nightmare...

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
Probably not Norvax's fault....but here's what happened today.

A lead from Indiana came in around 3:00 today. Less than 5% of my leads are from that state, but I do a little business there.

Family of five...all healthy, and I call less than a minute after I receive the lead. The Male (age 46) answers the phone and appears very happy that I called.

We talk a bit, and he is well-informed and wants an HSA with a high deductible. I quote an Anthem HSA for about $155 per month, and present a few other options. He loves it! He loves me! He needs coverage by Jan 1.

As we are winding down the conversation, he indicated he got a few other quotes and mine was about 50% less than everybody else's for the same coverage. Hmmm. (I thought that, but did not say it out loud). Hmmm again (I thought). My rates do seem extremely low. And why is Aetna showing up on the quote? I don't think they even write individual business in Indiana.

As I'm thinking this to myself, he is asking me to email an application so he can get started. I'm still not sure why my rates are so low, so I stall a little bit before agreeing to send the app.

As I'm about to say good-bye, I gasp in horror to realize somehow the previous quote I did (single female in Ohio) is showing up in place of his rates (family of 5 in Indiana), despite the fact that I keyed all of his information in correctly.

By this time, the conversation has ended. Mr. Indiana is in heaven, anxiously awaiting an application for coverage at 50% off the going rate. Me? I'm just sitting there thinking what an *** I am.

Should I call him? I can't. I'll email him. No...that wouldn't be right. Maybe I could write the app anyhow and hope Anthem makes a 50% mistake in his favor. No.

I called him 20 minutes later. I got his voicemail. I tried to explain what happened. I stammered. I hemmed and hawed.

Would you believe he called me back 10 minutes later and told me things were "fine" and he would still take the coverage? I hope not. Because he didn't. And I don't expect to hear from him.

I think I'll stay out of Indiana for a while.

Another perfect example of why Norvax is neither worth the time or money..It has been a waste of both for me, and they don't deliver on their promises. I don't need them to be successful, neither does a veteran in the business like you, my opinion...the whole idea behind Norvax simply complicates the entire process...I don't see one way after using it in real life situations in which it makes the selling process any way easier. Usually customer needs and wants is what drives the sale to one or two carriers. I'm not renewing with Norvax year two. 12 months is all they are getting from me.

A few thoughts Ed...

When you are quoting in Norvax it will clearly show the zip code and other information, you just didn't notice.

Sounds like a very rare glitch, keying error, or just "one of those things".

It happens.

All you can do is be honest with the guy and either he believes you and takes the offer or he doesn't - life goes on.

In terms of accuracy of preferred rates and tobacco rates Norvax is right on the money. If you think about how many states, carriers, rate changes, plans they have to quote it is impressive their numbers are always virtually 100% perfect (if the data keyed is accurate).

The real issue is Ed you are getting old! You should know those insane low rates are only valid in Ohio! The rates in Ohio are mind boggling low! LOL

Boy...you're so right about our rates. Ridiculous!

Re Norvax...it might just be my computer. I have noticed that after I prepare a proposal, if I create another proposal (using QE...NOT BO), the personal information of the previous proposal is already appearing in the fields.

Often, I have to completely exit that window and start a new one to get rid of the previous information.

You really should stay out of Indiana anyway. There is bad Karma there for non-res agents.

If I quote from QE, the autoresponder will kick in. Since most of the time I don't reach the prospect, I use the QE for quotes.

If I use BO and create a "proposal;," I don't think the autoresponder kicks in.

IE is the browser.

Back