ObiTalk, Wanted to Share my Findings

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
Has anyone ever used this before?

I was having an issue where I call in multiple states and I wanted the people on the other line to see my area code that they would recognize. So, I decided to use Google voice and set up Iowa first. So far so good, I could call clients in Iowa and they would see my 319 area code. Once I tried adding Georgia on my Google voice, I realized that you can only connect to one cell phone number. Even if I tried to make new google account and connect to my cell phone, it would delete the other account's forwarding ability.

Then I found ObiTalk and after playing with it for a while, I found out that I can have multiple area codes from Google voice call one phone. When I connect google voice to a cell phone, I just delete that phone number, and it still calls my Obi home phone.

Really sweet way to not have to pay a monthly bill to a phone company or any one and now from one phone I can call Georgia, Iowa and Florida and they think I live there. :yes:

Has anyone ever used this before?

I was having an issue where I call in multiple states and I wanted the people on the other line to see my area code that they would recognize. So, I decided to use Google voice and set up Iowa first. So far so good, I could call clients in Iowa and they would see my 319 area code. Once I tried adding Georgia on my Google voice, I realized that you can only connect to one cell phone number. Even if I tried to make new google account and connect to my cell phone, it would delete the other account's forwarding ability.

Then I found ObiTalk and after playing with it for a while, I found out that I can have multiple area codes from Google voice call one phone. When I connect google voice to a cell phone, I just delete that phone number, and it still calls my Obi home phone.

Really sweet way to not have to pay a monthly bill to a phone company or any one and now from one phone I can call Georgia, Iowa and Florida and they think I live there. :yes:

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought you were going to share your feelings about Obi Wan from Lincoln Heritage.:laugh:

I use Obihai/Gvoice for my office line, but what are you referring to in terms of having multiple Google Voice numbers/area codes using the same device?

I wonder if this would help all those appointment setters out there.

I use Obihai/Gvoice for my office line, but what are you referring to in terms of having multiple Google Voice numbers/area codes using the same device?

I just posted this in another thread.

I have multiple states that I work in and I wanted to make outbound calls from that states number. But I also don't want to pay a monthly bill to pay that. ObiTalk lets me use multiple google numbers (when you usually can only have 1 connected to your phone) connected to one phone. You just buy the small box on Amazon ($50) and it connects to your phone and wifi. Free calling and multiple lines. .

But yeah I have one land line just connected to the obidevice. I made multiple gmail accounts and connected each one at a time to my cell phone with google voice. Usually you can only do that once for each cell phone. Hard to explain but I have no phone bill and only had to buy the obi device

I just posted this in another thread.

But yeah I have one land line just connected to the obidevice. I made multiple gmail accounts and connected each one at a time to my cell phone with google voice. Usually you can only do that once for each cell phone. Hard to explain but I have no phone bill and only had to buy the obi device

Thanks for posting this solution. I've been trying to find a workaround the multiple Google voice number issue.

Back