Website Quoting Widgets and Services

HebIns

It seems pretty easy to get a life/health visitor-facing quoting widget on your website these days, but what about better personal and commercial automatic quoting systems?

I understand it gets more complicated with commercial to offer online quotes (which are non-bindable), but is there anything out there? Almost 99% of the independent agency websites I see are just forms for visitors to fill out, and the agent will get back with them after running their info on their end.

Any thoughts on services that offer better automatic quoting widgets for personal and commercial?

Almost 99% of the independent agency websites I see are just forms for visitors to fill out, and the agent will get back with them after running their info on their end.

Any thoughts on services that offer better automatic quoting widgets for personal and commercial?

I'm not sure what exists out there for P&C, but I don't think it's practical for most P&C agents to use automated quoting on their website.

-too many different products.
-too many different carriers (indy agents).
-most potential customers don't know what they doing when they fill out any quote form.... filling out an automated quoter would only make it worse.
-an automatic quoter forces the agent to compete with big companies vs. competing with other agents.
-to get accurate quote prices, an automated quote would be entirely too long (different carriers ask different questions).
-takes away some of the advantage agencies have that do a good job on response time.

The only way I have ever seen a p&c quot-er work is when the web admin decides which products they want to show, and cuts the list down to only show a portion of what they offer. This can be done but it's typically a custom job. You can also figure out what companies you want to show and offer an agent or affiliate link to the company directly. But there are always downsides to moving a customer off your site.

I have seen some people i frame entire enrollment sites on a page of their personal or company site and that does fully enroll someone on a custom website. Just an idea...

Regards,

Alexander

i advertise my site for quotes and before they can get a quote i definitely would want to know who is interested in the quote so until i have a name/address/email/phone# i do not give access to quoting systems. system built is that once the required information is provided, it allows access to quote system.

The FREE quoting widget that N.A.A.I.P. provides can be used on our sites or external sites. iFrame html is easy. See in back office of N.A.A.I.P. for html code.

Last edited:
Back