What Agency Management System/Software do you use?

can you write receipts from ACT!.....?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quomation's Power Quote is only $85 a month or $250 a quarter.
- Free Tech support (English and Spanish Speaking) that is located in Utah. So, no over sea Tech support.
- Updates are made to the software everyday and can be downloaded free.
- The monthly or Quarter fee covers up to 10 computers in the office. So $85 for 10 computers.

What does the management software cost?

Last edited:
We use www.salesforce.com and we love it. They have some low cost solutions that will allow you to grow into a more robust product down the road.

Skip ACT! and use SalesForce.

The problem with most software is the end user. Most agents just expect to work right out of the box. It takes time, effort and energy to customize any software (SalesForce, AMS 360, TAM) to your workflow. We have SalesForce really dialed in for what we want to do NOW.
In my opinion the problem with most “Agency Management Software” is the lack of sales functionality. When AMS 360 has the integration with SalesForce complete we will be the first in line to purchase AMS 360.

Last edited:
I use ACT. It's not an insurance specific program, but you can customize it. I particularly like that you do not lease it. They release a new version each year for about $99 per computer. I have found ti to be adequate and we have several thousand customers.

I have been using their program the last couple of weeks on a trial basis, and I like it. I was wondering in what ways you use the program outside of database/recordkeeping? Do you use it for other things as well? Just trying to get an idea of the software's range from an experienced user. Thanks.

With P&C you should look for an agency management system that works with the carriers you do business with. This will save you a lot of time, so that you can get downloads into your system directly from the carriers.

I have used TAM for years and do like it, but you have to take the time and make the investment to train and learn it well. I especially like the way it manages prospects. More affordable is The Agency Advantage --which I have heard good things about and know for a fact (from clients) that their customer support is superior and the options more flexible.

MP

Quomation's management system may be desktop-based, but it's pretty solid if you're looking for something user-friendly and cost-effective.

Is it web based? I just want a system accessible from anywhere for me and my agents. I love it there is no monthly fee.That's what I am looking for.Most other systems are not really affordable for new agencies.Thanks

Just a bit of generic advice. Most people will use the term web-based interchangeably for browser-based which is not always accurate.

When I hear people asking for a web-based solution, I assume they want to have access to their data from any computer that has access to the Internet. Most people will think that accessing their data in a browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc) provides the same type of functionality and access. There are many systems that are browser based, but require the client to purchase all of the hardware to host (run) the solution. Furthermore, if a client is hosting the solution on their own hardware, they must make sure it is accessible to the Internet, ensure the data is secure with appropriate hardware/software measures, meets any state DOI compliance (if it exists) as the data has the ability to be "exposed" to the Internet, etc.

A simple misunderstanding of the term can leave you with powerful software than can cost you several $1000 to make it accessible via the Internet. And I have not factored in if you have to have separate insurance as the data has the potential of "being exposed" on the Internet.

A simple question to ask the vendor is "Do you host this solution ?" If they say no, then you need to think if all of the effort to make the data available via the Internet is worth the added cost and added security risk.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

Last edited:
We use AMS. I am no longer on their support and no longer get their updates. It is a bit dated, but works okay as small as my agency is. It was originally over $2,500 in 2000. I called them to ask what it would cost to get a newer updated version of our software. This was their reply:
"Well, your software is too old to update, so we can get you going for $2,500 plus the cost of converting the database (about $500), and if you want upload/download capability that is extra. And you have to pay our monthly support, it is mandatory and it is $140.00 per month."

I didn't go for that.

Just a bit of generic advice. Most people will use the term web-based interchangeably for browser-based which is not always accurate.

When I hear people asking for a web-based solution, I assume they want to have access to their data from any computer that has access to the Internet. Most people will think that accessing their data in a browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc) provides the same type of functionality and access. There are many systems that are browser based, but require the client to purchase all of the hardware to host (run) the solution. Furthermore, if a client is hosting the solution on their own hardware, they must make sure it is accessible to the Internet, ensure the data is secure with appropriate hardware/software measures, meets any state DOI compliance (if it exists) as the data has the ability to be "exposed" to the Internet, etc.

A simple misunderstanding of the term can leave you with powerful software than can cost you several $1000 to make it accessible via the Internet. And I have not factored in if you have to have separate insurance as the data has the potential of "being exposed" on the Internet.

A simple question to ask the vendor is "Do you host this solution ?" If they say no, then you need to think if all of the effort to make the data available via the Internet is worth the added cost and added security risk.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike
Than you Mark, very helpfull, What do you use at your agency?

Back