What Are Indie P&C Agents Looking for in a Management System

jtmgolf00

Expert
For years agents have said they want to only pay for what they use, and what they use needs to be good and fairly priced. Is that accurate, and what features are you looking (willing to pay) for?

why reverse engineer epic and 360? Both of these vendors are stuck in their offerings - Good news lot's of customers - bad news lot's of customers - they can't offer a completely new product because of their existing user base -

I would suggest a new approach - Ajunt by QuikFuzion being one - not for every agency, but fits the needs of a whole bunch.

Offering download and upload is not much of an issue these days - any vendor can offer those features

why reverse engineer epic and 360? Both of these vendors are stuck in their offerings - Good news lot's of customers - bad news lot's of customers - they can't offer a completely new product because of their existing user base -

I would suggest a new approach - Ajunt by QuikFuzion being one - not for every agency, but fits the needs of a whole bunch.

Offering download and upload is not much of an issue these days - any vendor can offer those features

I think he means those systems are good, hence the users but too expensive. Also, because of the large userbase, they are not proactively improving the system. So if someone can reverse engineer them, make some improvements and keep it at a competitive price..... You will have a winner on your hand.

I am still trying to understand the reverse engineering aspect - in development you do that if you want like results - My point is why not a whole new way is a much better option (without the overhead) -

Again - just my opinion.

There are no secrets to successful agency management systems. For the P&C agent, you need:

- Solid integration into a rater, preferably 2 way integration.
- Upload/download from carriers. Its not easy, anyone who says it is hasn't done it yet..
- Easy viewing of customers and associated triggers (i.e., policy renewals, cancellations, etc).
- Ability to print/email documents to customers
- Document management
- Acord form integration

Addons are:
- Accounting
- Commission statements
- Customer billing
- Client portal integration
- Prospect / cross-sell tracking

Put that in a wrapper and make it simple, easy, affordable and you'll either go broke to pay the licensing fees or make a fortune due to adoption.

Many have tried, only a few succeed.

Ajunt's website is a bit rough. I assume the product is not yet launched.

Dan

Because most CSR's have used those systems and they can do everything (and more) that I need. You can put a lot of effort into trying to make a better product, but nobody really cares. Copy them and make it cheaper. Upload/download with every carrier, even small regional carriers, is a sticking point for many of the smaller management systems.

Thanks for the response - djs - I agree the ajunt site is a bit rough - they have been working on getting the product ready - they need to fix the site.

I was curious what agents felt about accounting - In my travels I have found a great % of agents who use QuickBooks as opposed to the vendors accounting system. If QuickBooks integration was offered as a add on - would that make sense?

Thanks.

For 8 consecutive years now, at least 95% of EZLynx customers say they would refer us to other agents. We are a true 100% web-based system and have the rating and management system built into one program so agents can single source all their needs with one vendor.

For 8 consecutive years now, at least 95% of EZLynx customers say they would refer us to other agents. We are a true 100% web-based system and have the rating and management system built into one program so agents can single source all their needs with one vendor.

I wasn't aware EZlynx was selling management systems for 8 years?

Back