What's the Best Agency Management System for Startup Brokerage?

Marcinluc

So I'm opening my own brokerage after working with my father for several years. Can't really decide on management system. Could you please help? Cloud or stationary? I'm kind of scared of cloud. Having outside company control all my data and access to it is a big concern. They can cut you of by a press of a button if something goes wrong. I am stil considering it though.
I looked at AMS360 which is expensive as hell. Considering Matrix and Quomation as well.
Any recommendations or thoughts? In a beginning it will be just me as producer and 2 people as support staff.

Please help

So I'm opening my own brokerage after working with my father for several years. Can't really decide on management system. Could you please help? Any recommendations or thoughts? In a beginning it will be just me as producer and 2 people as support staff.

Please help

Check out InsurancePro as well. It is designed for startup agency like yours. The price is right too.

InsurancePro Agency Management System for Insurance Agencies, Software for Agents

We would welcome the opportunity to give you a demo.

You should also check out QQSolutions. Our price plans are modular, so you only pay for what you need, so it's ideal for start up agencies. As you grow, you can add on more modules, so we grow with you.

We are used by over 5,000 agencies nationwide and have been in business for over 25 years.

We'd love to give you a demo - you can register for one at our website or call us on 800 940 6600.

Hi, I found that you are little concerned with cloud storage, But now all business opting for cloud storage. Even in case of Insurance Agency management software, most of them are cloud based ensuring all sorts of security. there is nothing to worry about cloud storage. The software my firm using is Ozone insuria; Insurance Management System provides a powerful software tool for small, medium and large insurance broker houses, administrators to underwriting Managers. It is a fully automated system which keeps a uniform track of insurance brokerage transactions, accurate reports, Finance management, Human Resource management etc. It is a cloud/server based Insurance Brokers ERP software that has a single server license which can incorporate unlimited users and branches. By implementing this software into your routine business operations, you can manage and monitor all your business centres.

Hope this helped you.

I demoed a bunch of different systems and for small agency like yourself I would highly consider QQ solutions. It's very affordable and it's owned by Vertafore, The same company that puts out AMS360. The downside to QQsolutions is that you will eventually outgrow it if you start writing a lot of different types of coverage, but it's a great starter system. They are also updating it frequently which is nice.

I demoed a bunch of different systems and for small agency like yourself I would highly consider QQ solutions. It's very affordable and it's owned by Vertafore, The same company that puts out AMS360. The downside to QQsolutions is that you will eventually outgrow it if you start writing a lot of different types of coverage, but it's a great starter system. They are also updating it frequently which is nice.

CrainGroup - I have done the same - although I agree QQ was a good starter system my issue with them (as with all Vertafore, Applied systems) is if you want to move away from them How do you get your data out? How much does it cost? How long does it take? and in Hawksofts case in what format - ie. is it readable for conversion?? Do they encrypt attachments? How much does it cost for the "key". I remember when the online systems came out - the question always was "who owns the data" - the answer was always the agent - but no one asked the question "At what cost".

I can answer all of these questions since I have been through it multiple times - I assume anyone consulting for agencies asks these questions and has the responses written into the contract (for any system but especially those mentioned above)

... my issue with them is if you want to move away from them. How do you get your data out? How much does it cost?

Be wary of anyone who charges for YOUR data. They should provide you the data at no charge in a format that is easy to understand (aka a well typed database schema) and provide ready access to your scans.

You should be asking these questions up front and get it in writing.

Back