Where Should I Keep My Client Data and Notes?

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
I am concerned if I put too many notes and info in the database and decide to leave the next agent will have an easy time to call my clients since I would want to call them down the road.

I currently own all apple products incase you have any suggestions.

Last edited:
I am currently a captive insurance agent and my company has a database "ez data smart office" where all the policy holders info and notes are stored along with policy info.

I am concerned if I put too many notes and info in the database and decide to leave the next agent will have an easy time to call my clients since I would want to call them down the road.

I currently own all apple products incase you have any suggestions.

Do you keep a copy of the database? Can you take it with you?

Just thinking out loud.

Yes I can export the current database to excel and take it with me but if I continue to put data in the computer now it will stay for the next guy which he will have easy access to my client data.

Yes I can export the current database to excel and take it with me but if I continue to put data in the computer now it will stay for the next guy which he will have easy access to my client data.

Can you just put your notes on your laptop and not the main computer?

At the very least you should be keeping a copy for your own records. There are many programs out there that will allow you to do the same thing as your companies database and it will only take you an extra minute to jot the info down in your own files.

Now about not putting the notes in the companies database, I can understand how you feel however you are currently employed with this captive and if that is the companies SOP then you really should follow it.

Someone needs to learn about relationship selling versus just selling a policy.

If you learn to sell YOU... then you don't have to worry as much about "notes left behind".

My actual question is looking for a suggestion on what agents are using to store client notes, data, etc.. I need something compatible with apple.

Thanks

There are plenty of open source CRM's out there that would be compatible (and free!): SugarCRM & vtiger come to mind.

Another paid one that would be worth considering is vamDB. VAM dB Free CRM Database Life Insurance

You can try the free trial version... but it is extremely limited. You'll probably be much happier with one of the paid versions.

The advantage to vamDB is that there is no software on your computer as it's all "in the cloud".

I wouldn't worry about someone else having an easy time calling your clients. They will anyway. The agency has their names and numbers. Beyond that, its about you and your relationship with the client.

To better understand what you are looking for, what type of insurance are you selling? I assume life, but its not clear.
Also, do you want a cloud based solution or something on your computer? How many clients are you talking about (general range is all we need, such as under 500, under 1000, over 5000, etc.).

Dan

Back