Windows 10 & Microsoft Edge Review

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
So I recently bought a new computer with windows 10 on it.

Windows 10 overall is similar to Windows 7, which in my opinion is a good thing. Windows 8 was horrible, so Microsoft made huge improvements with win10. But...
They installed a default browser. Microsoft Edge. At first, I liked it. It had a sleek design to it, not a whole lot of clutter, and seemed overall in tune with the whole Win10 aura. Then I actually used it...

Microsoft Edge is horrible. Very laggy. Pages load as if you are back in the 90s using 56K dial up, the browser crashes regularly, it freezes like clockwork, and milt-tasking is impossible.

My advice to anyone thinking of upgrading to Win10...
If you have Win7, theres not much advantage, but if you want something more modern looking, do it. Just keep in mind Office doesn't come with windows anymore, you have to buy a subscription to Office 365. I personally have an old copy of Office 2007, and just installed that, since I'm used to it, and it still works:)
If you have Win8, definitely upgrade. Win10 is way better, just make sure you avoid Edge, and download a real browser, such as Chrome, or Firefox.

....oh yeah, and avoid Bing.com, you'll never find what you're looking for

Are carrier illustration systems working on Win10 for you?

I agree that 8 sucks. But I have found that it is a lot better on a tablet vs. laptop/desktop.

You can change the default browser to chrome or firefox easy enough.

I also agree that bing is useless.

Are carrier illustration systems working on Win10 for you?

I agree that 8 sucks. But I have found that it is a lot better on a tablet vs. laptop/desktop.

You can change the default browser to chrome or firefox easy enough.

I also agree that bing is useless.

havent had any problems with any carrier software yet. (although I dont use a whole lot, since my main market is medicare, mostly just FE illustrations with Foresters, TransAmerica, RNA)

Edge is like Chrome when the latter was at its early stages but Chrome now is a resource hungry browser. It eats your memory like all of it. The same with Firefox.

Although I rarely use IE 11, its still is the best browser when it comes to efficiency in using RAM.

I like Edge because of its clean UI although its lacking a lot of features but Ive read it will have its much needed extension support at the end of this year.

Firefox is still my main browser for security and since Im testing websites using Firebug. I use Chrome for some sites whose developers are too lazy, uses only webkit and noothing else.

I think Win10 is the best thing that happened to Microsoft since Win7. The more I use it, the more I like it.

I almost never touch Edge at all. It's just a little too different for me and I haven't bothered to really try to figure it out.

I've sticking with Chrome.

I use Google Enterprise mail for work. So Chrome just makes it easy. I use Chrome for work and Firefox for personal. Microsoft just needs to give up on the web browser front and focus on doing what they do best.

I am contemplating upgrading from 8.1 to windows 10 on my Surface Pro.

Does anyone have pros or cons in doing this now that Windows 10 has been out for a bit?

I use Chrome and Googles Apps mostly. I am looking at One Note as an organization tool.

I am contemplating upgrading from 8.1 to windows 10 on my Surface Pro. Does anyone have pros or cons in doing this now that Windows 10 has been out for a bit? I use Chrome and Googles Apps mostly. I am looking at One Note as an organization tool.

My ACT database has never worked right on Windows 10. It was the newest version of ACT until this week a 2016 version was just released. That will likely fix it.

Other than that 10 is just harder to get around in than 8.1.

My ACT database has never worked right on Windows 10. It was the newest version of ACT until this week a 2016 version was just released. That will likely fix it.

Other than that 10 is just harder to get around in than 8.1.

-supposedly- 10 is said to improve battery life on laptops and tablets. We will see.

I am hoping onenote is the tool I need to put cheat sheets, underwriting guides, apps and such.

-supposedly- 10 is said to improve battery life on laptops and tablets. We will see.

I am hoping onenote is the tool I need to put cheat sheets, underwriting guides, apps and such.

I just updated to 10 on my Asus tablet. So far I really like it. Im not sure about the battery life. My tablet already had a 10 to 11 hour life with Win8. So it is hard to tell.
Only one software/driver issue with a really old printer/scanner that I seldom use anymore. From a user experience 10 is much better than 8 imo.

For doc management, I have played with onenote but have not really tried to run things from it yet.
It will do what you want. Im just not sure how efficiently it will do it.

Currently I use google drive. I also use google keep for notes, tasks, and lists. It uses a tag system like gmail.

The good thing about onenote is that you can edit the pdf using the onenote interface. That is one reason that I have been considering the same thing. I also hear good things about evernote.

Back