Y'all Ready for Windows 10?

DHK

RFC®, ChFC®, CLU®
5000 Post Club
Just as XP was better than ME...

Just as 7 was better than Vista...

Now comes 10... to be better than 8/8.1.

It'll be rolled out to Windows 7 & 8/8.1 users on July 29th for FREE. I already had a piece of Microsoft Adware in my notification icons to ensure that I registered for my copy.

Microsoft Windows 10 Preview - CNET

Just as XP was better than ME... Just as 7 was better than Vista... Now comes 10... to be better than 8/8.1. It'll be rolled out to Windows 7 & 8/8.1 users on July 29th for FREE. I already had a piece of Microsoft Adware in my notification icons to ensure that I registered for my copy. Microsoft Windows 10 Preview - CNET

So if I have 7, I get it for free? How does that work? Do I just download it? Is that going to mess up anything I have saved on my computer now? Bookmarks, Cookies etc.?

W8 is the most god awful OS that was ever made. I have it on my daughters laptop and I cant even put in words how difficult and cumbersome it is to use.

I wish they would extend the upgrade to XP since I still have 1 that has XP!

So if I have 7, I get it for free? How does that work? Do I just download it? Is that going to mess up anything I have saved on my computer now? Bookmarks, Cookies etc.?

Check your windows updates and your notification bar at the bottom right corner. You might see an icon for the new Windows encouraging you to register and "reserve" your free upgrade.

I use Google Chrome, OneDrive, and Cubby, so bookmarks, cookies, and file backups aren't an issue for me.

**EDIT**

The more I'm reading about this, the more it looks like a "Windows Update" process. I don't know how it'll all work, but I'll be getting mine on July 29th.

Attachments

• Get Windows 10 Notification.jpg
    Get Windows 10 Notification.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
W8 is the most god awful OS that was ever made. I have it on my daughters laptop and I cant even put in words how difficult and cumbersome it is to use.

I always just use it in desktop version. For the most part, I have been happy with 8.1.

I agree! 8 is strickly garbage. :err:

Just read on the Home version you won't be about to stop that feature where it will auto shut down your computer to install updates.

Back