1st Website Guidance

For the next 48 hours only...I am offering my EBook for just $79.
"SEO Made Easy."

It's not long (only about five paragraphs), but it is packed with information that will get you started on one of your feet. I tell you how to search online for SEO experts and unique tips that tell you all of the different places to buy a domain for under $40.

And, it comes with my unique money-back partial guarantee. Buy it. Read it. If after 24 months, you are not satisfied, you get some of your money back, after a waiting period, cooling off period and a few expenses.

It will be the best money you ever spent.

"SEO Made Easy."

It's not long (only about five paragraphs), but it is packed with information that will get you started on one of your feet. I tell you how to search online for SEO experts and unique tips that tell you all of the different places to buy a domain for under $40.

And, it comes with my unique money-back partial guarantee. Buy it. Read it. If after 24 months, you are not satisfied, you get some of your money back, after a waiting period, cooling off period and a few expenses.

Nobody guarantees like chumps does. I say go for it.

Raph3988... perhaps my original post was not clear. I was only trying to provide an "introductory" resource for SEO (that has some good thoughts)... not advise step-by-step on how to conquer the world. I thought the forum was a place for "any" person to share ideas and opinions that could possibly help and likely spin other great ideas. $17.35 for "any" book to help is a small price to pay, learn and possibly do it yourself.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

My apologies for wasting your time and have a great weekend!

Raph3988... perhaps my original post was not clear. I was only trying to provide an "introductory" resource for SEO (that has some good thoughts)... not advise step-by-step on how to conquer the world. I thought the forum was a place for "any" person to share ideas and opinions that could possibly help and likely spin other great ideas. $17.35 for "any" book to help is a small price to pay, learn and possibly do it yourself.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

My apologies for wasting your time and have a great weekend!

Cory, I think the OP (and the board) benefits when many people chime in with their different perspectives on a topic, so thanks for your contribution. Don't let snarky remarks bother you. Many people are passionate about their opinions, and will criticize others vehemently when they disagree with what others have posted.

If the OP wants to learn about SEO, to help the OP market online. I, too, would say skip the book. SEO changes so much and so often, anything making it to print is outdated. What worked for SEO 18 months ago can kill your traffic now.

There is plenty of free information about SEO on the Web. Read the latest info, and Google for other opinions before following any recommendation. Find some good SEO blogs and follow them.

I think the OP should focus on learning how to create an online marketing strategy, to reach the OP's local market, rather than trying to learn to be an SEO expert. It's a longer term approach, like networking, and shouldn't be allowed to take away from the time needed trying to get in front of people.

"SEO Made Easy."

Let me add my 2 cents.

I bought this book about 8 months ago. I decided on the collector's edition hand signed pdf with an introduction written by Steve Jobs.

Even though I opted for this special edition at a cost of $995, I can't tell you how valuable this information has been.

I've already started to talk with several people about building a website and with the SEO knowledge from this book I'm sure I'll be able to tell a good site from a bad one.

In fact, I think I'll order another just in case I somehow lose the first book.

Rick

My head is spinning from reading all of these topics. I have an approximate budget of $500

For all of those who have built websites over the years, if you were doing this now, knowing what you know now....

What would be the first few recommendations for a new life/health lead generation website?

Specifically:
1. Website name: Something basic and catchy? keyword type domain? Company name?

2. Web design company recommendations? I don't think I have time to learn & construct a good site on my own anytime soon.

3. Additional suggestions?

Thanks everyone.

If I were you, I would use the $500 to first purchase an "expiring" domain name that already has some existing traffic ($10-$80) and then I would sign up for a hosting account with a hosting company for around $4.00 per month.

Once you have your domain name and hosting account, just "point" that domain to your new hosting account's "name-servers" and "install" "word-press" onto it (word-press is free and your hosting company will have video tutorials explaining how to do this).

After that, just upload a free or paid word press theme ($45-$89) that you like onto your domain and hire freelancers from e-lance to write "content" and design a custom "quote form" for your site ($100).

Once your site is up and running you can add some free and/or paid SEO plugins to your site to optimize it and take care of the "on-page" SEO, or you can once again hire a freelancer to upload the plug-ins and take care of the SEO work for you (around 100 bucks).

When it comes to the "off-page" SEO, however, that's a little more complex and if you don't want to take the time to learn how to do it, you can always hire a company to take care of it for you, but they will charge you a recurring monthly fee (around $200-$600).

Last edited:
Here is the skinny. $500 will buy you a professional looking website, professional email accounts, some credibility with prospects.

[email protected]
[email protected]

will lose you customers. They won't cut it.

You are starting out online, take it one step at a time. It may become a passion for you.

Thanks AgentProvocateur. I don't take any of it personally... don't sweat the small stuff. There is a wealth of info on the Internet and print is dying... I know as I worked in printing for years. Don't know about others, but after spending all day looking at the computer my eyes get tired and a good ole paperback is quite nice...I'm always reading one in the car, nightstand or otherwise. A few blogs/sites that might help Mick_Keyou (which I'm sure we all know of) are seomoz, Google analytics, searchengineland, searchenginewatch, etc.

I think that if you can walk away from a book, webinar, conference learning one thing to help that you didn't know before... makes it worth it. The forum is a great place to learn, contribute and exchange ideas and there is more than one way to skin a cat.... Good luck Mick_Keyou!

I think that if you can walk away from a book, webinar, conference learning one thing to help that you didn't know before... makes it worth it. !

I think my time is more valuable than that.

Back