1st Website Guidance

I think I was (literally) misunderstood again... my time is equally valuable and guess it depends on what you learn. I don't read/attend every webinar, conference and book thrown my way. As a matter of face I'm very selective, but do like to get as many views on a subject as possible without discounting any person's opinion.

I think I was (literally) misunderstood again... my time is equally valuable and guess it depends on what you learn. I don't read/attend every webinar, conference and book thrown my way. As a matter of face I'm very selective, but do like to get as many views on a subject as possible without discounting any person's opinion.

You should realize though if you're putting out your oppion as a solution to someones question it better be solid or you could end up doing more damage than good.

I'm curious have you even read the book you recommended? And if you did, have you ranked a site for competitive kdywords using any of the info in the book?

The thread has clearly gotten off the topic of offering Mick some help and my time is more valuable than going back and forth otherwise. I think I've been "very" clear when I mentioned several times before I was only offering an opinion (like many on the forum), not a solution to conquer the world...merely recommending a book where I found some useful information. I am by no means the single authority on SEO any more than the next person.

Raph3988... come on... really? Yes to both of your questions. I'm certain you have better things to do and am sure Mick would really appreciate any advice you have (as would I) to learn even more about SEO. Mick...my apologies if I wasted your time on my "opinion" of a book I read and found simple and informative.

My two cents on SEO, start somewhere. Most SEO builds upon itself if you are consistent with it. A book I recommend is Search Engine Optimization an Hour a Day by Jennifer Grappone.

It is not the bible and only shows you SOME things. However, it does train you on the consistent nurturing and discipline that SEO requires.

Next keep asking questions and learning. It always changes, some times weekly.

That's a pretty old book although I realize there were two updates. This is rather troublesome:

"The industry is changing so fast the URLs were not always accurate anymore"

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an SEO expert although I provide SEO advice for $599 per month.

I used to own my own web design company and still manage my client base from the business. With that said; SEO isn't a one time project. It should be something you focus on monthly or budget for it monthly. Search engines favor sites with new content regularly versus the standard cookie cutter site that is rarely updated.

Also, you need to chose your key words wisely. Remember the Internet is the whole world and you want to focus Ina specific niche market. Example: you can focus on the key word real estate and you essentially are targeting people in all 50 states versus using a key word like Atlanta real estate. Spend extra time on the key words. It will save you time and money in the long run. If you we're a consumer in your region searching for your services what specific search terms would you use to get a local agent. Those are the ones you want to investigate.

Hope this little Tim bit help and if you need more specifics feel free to pm me.

Agreed its last update was in 2011. A lot has changed, however, I think it is good to instill the daily (as best as possible) grind of SEO. The point is SEO is NOT a fire and forget solution.

I enjoyed the EMD comment above from you, just evidence of how everything just keeps changing and a book written on September 27th 2012 would have been out of date.

I don't know why you guys keep saying things change. Keyword sniping by using the exact phrase you want for all of your anchor text links on forum profile backlinks with at least 1,000 OBL has always worked and will always work. It's best if you have a copy of content that has been indexed on other sites for a minimum of three years, ideally five or more along with using zero header tags or emphasis indicators. It's also important to not use pictures and if you absolutely must use them, be sure to not use any alternate text or title terms that have anything to do with your site.

Chumps WebInspiration was used in this post.
SEOChumps provided content for this post.

" It's also important to not use pictures and if you absolutely must use them, be sure to not use any alternate text or title terms that have anything to do with your site.

Why is that? I ask because ironically,in the last month,I have been slowly inserting pics into my blog articles and using key words! Maybe I should have skipped that.

My head is spinning from reading all of these topics. I have an approximate budget of $500

For all of those who have built websites over the years, if you were doing this now, knowing what you know now....

What would be the first few recommendations for a new life/health lead generation website?

Specifically:
1. Website name: Something basic and catchy? keyword type domain? Company name?

2. Web design company recommendations? I don't think I have time to learn & construct a good site on my own anytime soon.

3. Additional suggestions?

Thanks everyone.

This might be somewhat controversial message but I would like to encourage you to save your $500!

If $500 is all that you have save it, it takes far more than $500 to have an effective insurance website.

You have to first build a graphically pleasing website, then you need to promote the website.

In last five years I've invested over $50,000! (we have made almost $60,000 this year in first year commissions however)

Save your $500 if that is all that you have.

Back