1st Website Guidance

" It's also important to not use pictures and if you absolutely must use them, be sure to not use any alternate text or title terms that have anything to do with your site.

Why is that? I ask because ironically,in the last month,I have been slowly inserting pics into my blog articles and using key words! Maybe I should have skipped that.

The problem with pictures is that google (or any other search engine) can't see what the pictures are about, so they rely on the keywords in the title and alternate text. If you put your keywords in on that, how on earth would the search engines know any the wiser? Allegedly google wants a quality user experience and a site with pictures and text would generally be more helpful than one with just text, so you wouldn't want to confuse the big G with thinking your site added value to the internet either. Just stick with the homogenous anchor text in forum backlinks and you'll be on page 1 position 1 in no time!

[/sarcasm]

Josh said:
I don't know why you guys keep saying things change. Keyword sniping by using the exact phrase you want for all of your anchor text links on forum profile backlinks with at least 1,000 OBL has always worked and will always work. It's best if you have a copy of content that has been indexed on other sites for a minimum of three years, ideally five or more along with using zero header tags or emphasis indicators. It's also important to not use pictures and if you absolutely must use them, be sure to not use any alternate text or title terms that have anything to do with your site.

Chumps WebInspiration was used in this post.
SEOChumps provided content for this post.

Why don't you like using pictures in posts? Concerned about load time?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Josh said:
The problem with pictures is that google (or any other search engine) can't see what the pictures are about, so they rely on the keywords in the title and alternate text. If you put your keywords in on that, how on earth would the search engines know any the wiser? Allegedly google wants a quality user experience and a site with pictures and text would generally be more helpful than one with just text, so you wouldn't want to confuse the big G with thinking your site added value to the internet either. Just stick with the homogenous anchor text in forum backlinks and you'll be on page 1 position 1 in no time!

[/sarcasm]

Can you do a cheap xrummer blast for me to test your theory on forum links? (I heard a Little birdie say forum link building Is being devalued by Google)

Last edited:
Why don't you like using pictures in posts? Concerned about load time?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Can you do a cheap xrummer blast for me to test your theory on forum links? (I heard a Little birdie say forum link building Is being devalued by Google)

You know much about html code?

Apparently my sarcasm has been lost on a few folks, so let me be clear: I was being sarcastic.

I have a few folks that I'm doing SEO for now and I'm not really looking to add to that. I can take the time and effort to put into my own sites and yield a much better return without having to deal with someone wondering what their results will be.

If you want to play with some stuff, you can get some pretty cheap xrumer blasts on fiverr along with a pile of other SEO stuff. Most of it can hurt as much as it can help (if not hurt more) if you don't know what you're doing, but feel free to plug away at it if you're looking for vendors to do some dirty blackhat stuff.

My head is spinning from reading all of these topics. I have an approximate budget of $500

For all of those who have built websites over the years, if you were doing this now, knowing what you know now....

What would be the first few recommendations for a new life/health lead generation website?

Specifically:
1. Website name: Something basic and catchy? keyword type domain? Company name?

2. Web design company recommendations? I don't think I have time to learn & construct a good site on my own anytime soon.

3. Additional suggestions?

Thanks everyone.

:GEEK: My Brother & I own a webdesign firm and have been putting together a free online sales and marketing system that includes webdesign at (Blank) a month. We are putting together a beta test for 10 agents to review and critique our system, If you are selected for the test you get a free Insurance website and training system for life. Would you be interested in taking part in the beta?

P.S. I have been a licensed Agent/Broker for 2 years before we started this

I don't know why you guys keep saying things change. Keyword sniping by using the exact phrase you want for all of your anchor text links on forum profile backlinks with at least 1,000 OBL has always worked and will always work. It's best if you have a copy of content that has been indexed on other sites for a minimum of three years, ideally five or more along with using zero header tags or emphasis indicators. It's also important to not use pictures and if you absolutely must use them, be sure to not use any alternate text or title terms that have anything to do with your site.

Chumps WebInspiration was used in this post.
SEOChumps provided content for this post.

First of all there is no Kool aid here and it depends on what your are trying to do.

1.Small to midsize city you need local listings and thats about it, at least for now because really no one else is doing it, go to getlisted.org and follow the arrows

2. 1,000 immediate back links will be noticed, and you can then spend another $300 - $3,000 on a new site when you get black listed or you can spend 6 months appealing to Matt Cutts at Google. Research seo moz beginners guide to seo

3. Over 1/2 a % of searches are conducted through images, posts and pages with images. Click through rate shoots through the roof if you are properly using rich snippets (research rich snippets on google) so whatever 1/2 percent of 1 billion is and that is traffic you can kiss goodbye.

So in a nutshell

If you just want local, then list local

Do not buy links....ever...if JCpenny was punch and wounded by google imagine what they can do to you

Images will not only improve your overall seo but they will actually improve your click through rate when used with rich snippets (if a picture is worth a thousand words then 5 images will save you like 5 days worth of writing)

If any one has any other questions on seo or design for conversion feel free to include my name in a thread or pm when I have enough posts

Back