2013 Local Search Ranking Factors Results

I was one of the contributors to the Local Search Ranking Factors again last year and it can be a little daunting to read through and pick out the most important stuff.

If anyone wants a really simplified version that only focuses on the top factors, my good friend Miriam Ellis did one.

It's at Moz too, where she is part of the team. It's titled:
Top 20 Local Search Ranking Factors: An Illustrated Guide

(I'm new here so don't think I can link out and am not going to risk trying. But thought that might be helpful.)

Linda Buquet

I recently completed a case study using the auto insurance and the LA area as an example and it's almost disturbing how easy it is to rank in the top 5 if you list your NAPH, a G+Page and a few current Google reviews. If you're captive, or have ties to a carrier and can get a carrier-hosted webpage; even easier.

almost disturbing how easy it is to rank in the top 5 if you list your NAPH, a G+Page and a few current Google reviews. If you're captive, or have ties to a carrier and can get a carrier-hosted webpage; even easier.

Sorry but - what is NAPH? Dying to know a new trick.

Haha learn something new every day.

I live eat and breathe NAP. But have never heard of NAPH and all I could think of for the H was home page but that didn't make sense. Yep hours are required to even have a page so I guess I just took that part for granted.

Back