Anyone Hire Safeco to Design Their Site?

Nanci

Expert
Another Broker told me Safeco designed her website and she was very happy with it. Anyone use them? Please advise if it was a good experience. What is the cost for the design of the site and for the monthly upkeep? How many visitors would you approximate visit your site each month? How many ask for a quote each month?

I appreciate any input. I designed my own site through GoDaddy and am not terribly happy with the results. The site looks different on different computers and different browsers and sometimes appears unformatted. I have only had two quote requests in the past several months. I, of course, spent a considerable time on putting it together and the monthly cost of upkeep is small so I hate to give up on it, but am considering it if the benefits of another site would would outweigh costs.

Its worth the extra few dollars to get it done by a web design company, alot of times they already have an "insurance agency" template and you can just customize it

Hi, Nanci. I'm the manager of Safeco's Bricks & Clicks program and would be happy to add my .02 to the conversation.

We use two vendors we've vetted to build sites. But whether you build a site through them or someone else is not important. There are many great vendors out there and you should work with someone you're comfortable with. What is important (the opinion expressed here is my own) is that you get a decent website that at minimum follows these best practices:

1) Makes a favorable first impression for your business
2) Clearly explains to your customers and the search engines what you sell
3) Conveys your value as a local agent
4) Has strong calls to action that encourage potential and current customers to take the next step with you

As someone who's built and maintained sites, I understand the sense of ownership and hard work that goes into it. The question I usually ask agents is whether doing that is the most effective use of their time.

As for the visits question, do you have analytics on your site now? Google Analytics is free and would give you a sense of where you are today. While Google may be the most commonly used, there are other free options out there as well.

To get the number of visitors to grow, it will take ongoing work - the search engines use many, many factors to determine how high you rank in search. Some key factors include the right keywords, original content (especially regular blog posts), how many links you have back to your site and how often you update the site (see the blog post mention).

Getting a website is one thing. Getting it to grow in visibility is another. I'll stop now. Fingers getting tired....

Back