Appreciate Some Help About Videos for Seniors

lelandfallon

Good evening.
I am wanting to post videos on youtube to increase my presence and educate some seniors. I am focusing on Medigap, finale expense, and cancer protection.
I was wondering if anyone had some advice/tips on what I can talk about in the video. I know I can do the difference of medicare advantage verse medigap. One I can explain all the different Medigap plans and what they mean but then I am kinda lost on where to go from there... Just looking to pick an agents brain on video marketing and choosing the right way to go about it... I am open to criticism as well lol. thank you!

Good evening.
I am wanting to post videos on youtube to increase my presence and educate some seniors. I am focusing on Medigap, finale expense, and cancer protection.
I was wondering if anyone had some advice/tips on what I can talk about in the video. I know I can do the difference of medicare advantage verse medigap. One I can explain all the different Medigap plans and what they mean but then I am kinda lost on where to go from there... Just looking to pick an agents brain on video marketing and choosing the right way to go about it... I am open to criticism as well lol. thank you!

Wear a funny looking hat during your video.:)

Keep it simple, short, and focused. Under 3 minutes if possible. Don't worry about fancy production, just tell people what you know. Answer the most common questions and then get more specialized over time. If you aren't sure where to start, just answer the most recent question somebody asked you.

Keep it simple, short, and focused. Under 3 minutes if possible. Don't worry about fancy production, just tell people what you know. Answer the most common questions and then get more specialized over time. If you aren't sure where to start, just answer the most recent question somebody asked you.

Thank You. Great tips there I appreciate it

I've heard that a pet monkey on your shoulder works better.....

Depends on how big that monkey is.:twitchy:

Also, I don't think I'd want one of those little monkeys on my shoulder. I've heard they're sexually attracted to ears........seriously!:bump:

Probably wouldn't go over to well in a video for Seniors.

Take a YouTube tour, typing in phrases regarding Medicare, cancer insurance and life insurance. You will find a lot of really bad video's, including those that appear to be professionally made. Most can be summed up in one word.

Boring.

The Humana produced video's are some of the best but they are branded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I85rkHZ2y-s

Keep it short.

Keep it informative.

Make it personal.

The Humana format does all that by introducing information while bringing the viewer into the picture in a manner of speaking.

FWIW, my guess is hardly anyone outside the insurance industry uses the term final expense. The public thinks of it as life insurance or burial insurance.

Final expense is most likely a gussied up term created by marketers to avoid using the term insurance in their pitch.

Life insurance has become a dirty word as has salesman. (See separate thread about WSJ and sales jobs). Life insurance agents are now referred to as financial planners, advisers, counselors, etc but not insurance salesmen (or women).

Last edited:
Depends on how big that monkey is.:twitchy:

Also, I don't think I'd want one of those little monkeys on my shoulder. I've heard they're sexually attracted to ears........seriously!:bump:

Probably wouldn't go over to well in a video for Seniors.

With one like this you'd never need handkerchiefs...

(Good lord...that thought grossed even me out....) :1arghh:

finger-monkey.jpg

Back