Auto Blogging Hurts Seo?

Milkman1265

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does auto blogging with RSS feeds from other websites hurt your seo?

These are association content that are made available to members to use and repost.

----------

might be using the wrong word, its duplicated syndicated content

Two things:

1. Adding an RSS feed usually gets treated as an RSS feed and should not adversely impact you.

2. Autoblogging is having a bot or script grab content and automatically make content changes to your site. That will absolutely hurt your SEO.

its a wordpress plugin that converts the RSS feed into post for my blog but its just pulls excerpts and then links back to original page for the full content

its a wordpress plugin that converts the RSS feed into post for my blog but its just pulls excerpts and then links back to original page for the full content

Is it linking or adding the content? After a period of time it just falls off or does it permanently make it a part of the site? As long as it's not adding it permanently you're fine.

I've tried it both ways and found that my organic searches fell off but my engagement with active visitors increased.

However you use your website it all depends on the end result - what do you want to happen for a conversion? Is all kinds of content really king these days?

Is it linking or adding the content? After a period of time it just falls off or does it permanently make it a part of the site? As long as it's not adding it permanently you're fine.

It pulls the excerpts/summary from the RSS then converts it into an actual post, then when visitor clicks read more, it goes to the actual site who wrote it.

I am not sure if it falls off, i think it will keep the posts to be searchable but it retains all the source links back to the original writer. so if the original writer took it off their site, i'll still have my summary post, but the read more link will be broken.

Back