Best Web Host and Website Builder

This guy doesn't want a quote site, doesn't care about SEO and just wants a web presence for his agency. He has a method of gaining clients that's not internet related.

However, no one actually wanted to listen to him. Instead they either want to give him bad advice or charge him $500 for stuff he doesn't want or need. I'll have his site set up tomorrow, no charge. He got a great WP theme for $80 and he can take the other $420 and go shopping.

This forum is great for some things. Others...no-so-much.

If you have $500 and are going to spend it ONLY on website design (not SEO) than take $450 of that, blow it at the mall and spend $50 on a WP theme. I'll set it up for you and you'll get cool stuff at the mall. You saw that one I'm setting up for my niece. Hiring a web designer to build that? Would cost thousands of dollars. Want changes? You'll pay for each one.

I have agree with this. I have a link in my sig for free prem wordpress themes from Woothemes. There is no reason to spend $400-500 for a web designer to just augment a WP, Joomla, Drupal theme.

I paid $125 for a Woothemes subscription, have countless themes, and pay a developer to make the changes I want.

If someone just wants a basic webpage for their agency for credibility, something like this would fit the bill: Empire | WooThemes.

Some very simple changes that would that less than $50 for an developer from Fiverr or any outsourcing site and u have a good webpage for credibility.

If you want to generate leads, the most important thing to learn in my opinion:

1. Correct SEO techniques. You can have a bland site, no call to action...etc. But read on what the correct techniques are for on page seo, internal linking, backlinks, which backlink services work, keyword research...etc.

Look at other sites and their site structure and backlink portforlio to see what works in real life.

2. Write content. This is the hardest for me. That damn ADD and I havent bothered to look for good copy writers, since The Best Spinner is so handy.

3. Learn HTML and CSS. When I first looked at the HTML and CSS for Dummies 800 page book I bought , I thought what the hell is this? But it's actually pretty easy to understand once u read it, and write some html and css yourself. Now javascript and php, thats a whole different story, like learning chinese for me right now. Thats why I'm paying a developer to do things I dont understand right now, until I can do it on my own like:

a) create custom forms
b) help with javascript so I can track which keyword's and visitor's specifically are converting.
c) take care of the JS so I have two different leads forms from diff vendors pop up in addition to the surehits results.

Outsource the bs u dont know, concentrate and what u do.

I could put a page to page 1 for florida health insurance for less than 10 grand.

I estimate it would probably cost around 5 grand, maybe even less, and that's with me making a profit.

Probably take 6 months unless you had a good aged domain.

I'm 50/50 on what you guys are saying though.

Tanisha, right off the top of my head, or several others that I know but she's pretty known here, could make a much more graphically appealing site (shes way better at graphic design than I am) than most premium WP themes. You're looking at 600$ in graphic design or so, whatever her going rate is.

Or you could go to fiverr and buy a header banner, install wordpress using the server autoinstall tool on your server, plug in the banner, and be out 9$ for the domain, 5 bucks for the banner, and 5 bucks a month for a host.

The wordpress twenty-eleven theme looks awesome if you mod it in like 3 places and put a banner on top of it. You're talking about a total time to construct for someone that knows how of like an hour.

I may record a video just showing how to do it so anyone that wants to can see it.

What you'll end up with is a servicable website, it isn't the worst or best thing you could get, but it will work.

You're looking at a cost of 100$, vs a cost of almost 700$ because you still need the hosting and domain.

Now you're out 5-25 dollars a page for content, or you write it yourself.

5 page website with preloaded content you're looking at 125-150 dollars if you do it the cheap way, or around 900$ if you do it the expensive way.

Now.. As someone that sells websites and does seo. If you told me I have 1000$ and I want to make money with a website, I'd tell you put 200-250 in the website and it's content. Do 10 pages of good content instead of 5, and spent 750 on seo over 6 months to a year.

You'd get by far the best return that way.

Correct YGMM. I have subscriptions to two premium WP sites and have become quite skilled at setting them up - including some basic SEO. It's quite silly actually. What anyone would pay a dime to a web designer in this day an age is beyond me UNLESS you want something extremely specific that involves graphic design or custom code.

But agents looking for a website just for their agency? $50 on WP and call it a day. This issue is old school web designers are still out out blowing smoke up everyone's ass that is takes "15 hours" to design what ends up being little more than a cookie cutter template website.

Everyone's goal is not SEO, so let's stop acting like it is.

The real value of a programmer now is that you can integrate the premade things you want together.

You want a wordpress site with a compulife and quotit quote engine that integrates to your crm and posts everything everywhere at the same time and kicks off an autoresponder email series and loads to your dialer?

Probably not going to do that with wordpress plugins and no programmer.

Maybe I should clarify my position. If you have limited funds...fine. Go for the WP blog. But if you're in it for the long haul and you can spend a tad more...build a website.

I don't necessarily agree, but it doesnt really make a difference.

But let's take a look at "florida health insurance" to see who uses static/or unidentifiable cms like joomla/drupal or wp for main page:

FLORIDA HEALTH INSURANCE SERP

1. WP- this guy is an SEO master. most of his sites are WP. He's a multimillionaire that DAVE MILLER talked smack to a few yrs ago.
2. bx static html
3. static lead vendor
4. static crappy looking site
5. WP
6. static
7. static
8. static
9. static
10. static

does this mean static html sites do better than WP? i dont think thats its saying, my pov its sites 5-10 yr old sites b4 wp frenzy that built em from the ground up.

YGMM, I also don't argue with my 81 year old father about websites and the internet:-) Some live in the past.

One issue is age. Age of domain names and how long the site's information/text/articles have been around. WP themes are relatively recent which means by default a lot of websites show up ranking well. False logic would assume it's "because" they are websites.

Last edited:
I don't necessarily agree, but it doesnt really make a difference.

But let's take a look at "florida health insurance" to see who uses static/or unidentifiable cms like joomla/drupal or wp for main page:

FLORIDA HEALTH INSURANCE SERP

1. WP- this guy is an SEO master. most of his sites are WP. He's a multimillionaire that DAVE MILLER talked smack to a few yrs ago.
2. bx static html
3. static lead vendor
4. static crappy looking site
5. WP
6. static
7. static
8. static
9. static
10. static

does this mean static html sites do better than WP? i dont think thats its saying, my pov its sites 5-10 yr old sites b4 wp frenzy that built em from the ground up.

The guy in position 1 did a good job on his site, most of the others have little to no seo work done and are riding old PR from link volume and age. You could hit position 5 on page 1 inside 6 months on that term.

Guy in position 1 has a couple small mistakes, but he has good links.

Back