Best Web Host and Website Builder

AverageJoe

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hi everyone,

What, in your past experience or opinion, is the best website host and website builder for insurance agencies?

:1cool:

Depends entirely on what you're doing and what the site is for.

Website for insurance isn't a good description. You wanting to generate leads? Have an agency site? Have a site with tools for customers? Tools for agents?

The use of the site makes a difference in both hosting, and platform to build on.

For most users, wordpress is an excellent start.

I agree with Chumps. Have a professional make and host your website. It may seem more expensive up-front, but it will save you time, trouble, and money in the long run. And the odds are, that you will get a much more successful site that will pay for itself.

And if you like to be more hands on, many companies have custom management systems created specifically for independent insurance agents.

If all you want is an agency site, paying anyone any significant amount of money to build a site is throwing money out the window, and you won't ever stop bleeding money as every change will cost you.

Grab a nice premium WP theme and pay someone a few bucks to help set it up for you.

I'm doing that now for my niece. She wanted a site for her soon-to-come photography business. My sister (her aunt) designs sites for a living. Her advice "Call John (me) and have him set up a WP site for you."

This is the very beginnings of it (as in yesterday, she hasn't loaded anything up yet) Media by LCM - but this cost her $30. Or she could pay a web designer $5,000.

Also, the poster who said to hire a designer has a blog, not a website: Affordable Ohio Health Insurance - Individual and Family Ohio Health Quotes so I'd take what he's telling you to do and what he's actually done for himself and weigh it.

"Also, the poster who said to hire a designer has a blog, not a website."

Please check again. I sure hope you don't give website advice to anybody else.

It's a professionally-designed WEBSITE with a WP blog embedded for additional SEO. So are most of my other sites. Websites...not blogs.

But as Seinfeld says...Not that there is anything wrong with a blog!

WebNanny was not used in this post
WebCorrection was used in this post

Last edited:
Ed, with all due respect, any agent could get the exact same look you have for zero...zero dollars with a free WP blog. I hope you didn't pay too much for that:-)

Let's save agents money and instead of giving it to a web designer, instead use it for marketing.

"any agent could get the exact same look you have for zero...zero dollars"

Please elaborate. Both Val, myself and many others would like to know. Please be specific and site sources. Give examples.

And I payed much less you think.

And please...don't attempt to school me in marketing. Sheesh!

Google "free Wordpress themes." Then grab a domain/host and "install." For any agent who wants a site to look exactly like yours, I'll set it up for free - [email protected] - zero. Don't pay a web designer a cent. I'm not trying to be an a** Ed, I'm really not. But no one should pay for a site to look like that. If you paid less than zero, great. If you paid more than zero, then....

Back