Blogging Off Topic and Off Niche Okay?

Milkman1265

Guru
100+ Post Club
If you specialize in 3 niches and run out of things to blog about, can you or should you blog about other insurance related topics?

you focus on commercial lines, can you blog about homeowners and other things or this is straying too far from commercial lines?

It is perfectly fine to throw some off topic blogs topics into the mix. It keeps your blog fun and prevents it from becoming a droning dialogue about one line of business.

Try to find a unique way to tie it back to the primary niche or insurance in general.

With all of that being said, don't blog way off topic. This is spammy and the search engines will realize that you are talking about Justin Bieber on your insurance blog.

Wall X Main

Here is my blog that I just started. It is supposed to be a blog first, and drive leads second. It covers the world of personal finance which is a much more encompassing topic. I haven't gotten any leads yet, but I also posted it to my facebook today and im not pushing it on anything except twitter

Any advice would be great! :)

Good to stay within your niche but since you're staying within "insurance", it's probably fine to expand your horizons a bit, especially if you're having trouble thinking of a topic.

You can use categories and tags on your blog to organize your posts into different topics so people see you have a plan and are not just blogging aimlessly :)

@TheCaspian

Just took a look at your blog. Nice clean design. You might consider shortening the top picture on all pages except the home page. It's a cool picture but takes up a lot of prime real estate on the page. For example, on one of your blog posts, you'd rather that your readers see more of the content of the post rather than the top picture again which they've already seen.

Just a thought...

Thanks Web. Yea that definitely is a good idea. I went with squarespace instead of wordpress so I have to figure out how to fix it

Back