Changing SEO Firms

If anything, the best way to go about hiring an SEO firm is going with a mid-sized group rather than individuals/big corporations. The Big guys have methods they follow and implement for hundreds of clients (usually they have an account manager/CSR who handles 30+ clients) which makes the chances of them customizing your campaign very unlikely.

Good thing with established companies is their connections and expertise. Individuals may be knowledgeable of SEO, but having the proper connections: bloggers, link partners, copywriters, developers, etc etc makes SEO a lot more effective. These connections plus a service that's personalized for each client is what sets good SEO companies apart from others.

I've worked in both kind of agencies, and I agree, some SEO agencies can become complacent. That's why you just gotta be on them each month to make sure they're not getting lazy :)

Learn how to do SEO for yourself. Then hire or outsource peolpe to do the tasks for you.

Agree completely. That is the only way to truly know if your SEO firm is doing the job you are paying them to do. So many of them cut corners when they know their paying client has no idea what is going on behind the scenes. You don't have to be an SEO expert, but at least know the basics and what things are important for your site.

RE:
If you use an SEO firm you should look at changing every few years.

I recently changed and have been impressed with the new outfit.

SEO people like everyone else get complacent.

With the way SEO is constantly evolving I think you have to move to new people every few years.

It's a pain to move but if you want to rank it's a must do.

Can you recommend one?

Contact me I own a SEO company can provide you with a wealth of knowledge

Back