Is It Doable? Can We Do It? Who's On Board?

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Decatur, Ga.
Got a call today from a Sprint Agent I network with.

He has a client, based here in Atlanta, that works nationally with small businesses. What they are going to do is offer different benefits (not necessarily medical) to these small businesses for working with them.

For instance, they are talking with Sprint, about offering services for their mobile, home and office use. They are working with Legal Shield to offer Legal Services, etc.

As of now, their client base is in the 2,000 range, or so I am told. They want to expand. Since health benefits is not feasible, they were considering Term Life.

My first question to myself was, "Why not go with NYL, Mass Mutual, or some other "big boy"?

Want they want is a link from their web site to a landing page, where the person can click on their state, and see the rates, and policies.

Now, I have only spoken to the referrer, not referral. So, I don't know where their head is at. We are scheduling a meeting for sometime in the next two weeks.

What I told my buddy was, any state I am not in, there is an associate in that state. I asked if they cover all 50, and he said he doesn't think so. Here's a question for you tech savvy agents: Can we build a site, based on the individual agents here, and when they click on the state. it goes to an agent in that state?

I know there is a great deal involved in developing a site like that.

So, waddya think?

(opening the floor to any comments, questions, concerns, etc)

The technology behind that isn't horribly complicated. I was working on launching MedicareChoices which was going to be an agent directory, but ended up getting put back on the shelf because of other competing efforts.

Sounds like a business referral network. These are common out there and nothing wrong with them. Any service that can refer qualified people to your practice is a service that will get some interest.
I'm licensed in about 20 states and would be interested so you can always PM me.

Back