Does Anyone Solely Rely on Their Website to Sell Insurance?

Re: Does Anyone Solely Rely on Thier Website to Sell Insurance?

Best practices should only be a starting point in SEO and in life. You've got to test.

I've A/B tested with and without the animated character. I've probably done this a dozen times on different pages and different sites. The animated character always wins.

What is bad from an SEO perspective is to have a page that is only or primarily Flash. Flash basically doesn't hurt you any more than a picture does. However, if the only thing on your page is a picture, there is nothing for the spider to read.

Technically, Google can read text in Flash and images, but I doubt that it is willing to spend their resources reading a lot of it.

OCR (optical character recognition) takes a lot longer than reading text. The spiders want to get in and out quickly since they have so many sites to read, so they probably don't OCR the average site very often.

Get in every free directory you can. Look especially for local directories that the big national websites can't get into.

How do you find local directories? I presume through Google but would I search for "Atlanta business directory", "Atlanta directory of people in good health and a bank account" . . .

Throw the old guy a few crumbs.

Impossible for you to say 100% website only,

Alston won't attack you in response. He is too much of a professional. You just showed everyone what a prick you are.

These people can tell you what to do.

[FONT="Verdana","sans-serif"]Sarah Flynn[/FONT]

[FONT="Verdana","sans-serif"]866-299-7962ext. 113[/FONT]

You have to use your website as enough of a tool that people know what your company is all about. You, however, also need to have a well designed "contact us" form as well as a reason that they should choose your company's products over another company.

We generate a significant amount of leads through our website because of the information we offer.

How do you find local directories? I presume through Google but would I search for "Atlanta business directory".

"Atlanta business directory", "Georgia business directory", "Georgia online directory" ...

• Try including "add url" or "add website" or "add site" in your query.
  • Be creative.
  • Don't forget to search Yahoo!
  • If you are willing to pay for inclusion (which may hurt you with the search engines), include "paypal" in the search.

I have been online for over 10 years. My web leads have been my main marketing strategy representing 70% of sales.

For all types of financial products, or any one or two in particular?

Alston, thank you for those great tips. Please elaborate more on the Yahoo comment at the end of your post.

A lot of SEOs forget about Yahoo! and MSN. Although Google has the lion's share of searches, the other major search engines are used by a lot of people.

Most of what you do to get higher rankings on Google will help you with Yahoo! and MSN. However, you should do separate keyword research for Yahoo!

The behavior of a Google user is not the same as a Yahoo! user. So you may find more traffic or less traffic for a given query.

If you find that your rankings for a specific query on Yahoo! suddenly tanks - it may be a good thing. See where you rank on Google for the same query before you start making changes. My experience indicates that when you rank well for a particular query on Google Yahoo! may take away your high ranking.

I was number one on Yahoo! for my head phrase before I was number one on Google. Suddenly I was at the bottom of the first page -- but my traffic was way up. I had, of course, moved up on Google. This has happened with several keywords I've targeted.

good stuff Alston.. kinda suprised you gave up on PPC. Did you stop the PPC becuase your currently generating enough leads with seo for you and son to handle? I can tell you my avg cost per click has been rising quite rapidly. Was hovering around 1.10 then jumped to 1.25 and now 1.50. It does vary during the busy months when the volume increases drastically. Google does pull some shenanigans with thier keyword suggestions. Almost seems like they want you to get in a bidding war.. crazy stuff. Thanks for the tips. BTW I havent forgotten about Yahoo or MSN. Currently getting excellent traffic with Yahoo/MSN and avg PPC is much lower than Google.

Regards,
Joe

Back