Does Anyone Solely Rely on Their Website to Sell Insurance?

Re: Does Anyone Solely Rely on Thier Website to Sell Insurance?

good stuff Alston.. kinda surprised you gave up on PPC. Did you stop the PPC because your currently generating enough leads with seo for you and son to handle?

Yes. I still use PPC for my other sites.

Almost seems like they want you to get in a bidding war.
Almost? It is pretty close to their raison d'etre. LOL

Thanks for the tips.

You're welcome.

The behavior of a Google user is not the same as a Yahoo! user.
I was surprised to read that. I don't understand what the difference would be. most of the public goes with whatever search engine their browser is associated with, which would seem more like a matter of chance. so why would the behaviors be different?

I just love picking Alston's brain .... I always learn something.

pahealthquotes,
I have only done google PPC in the past, but I am interested in trying PPC with yahoo & bing, where there's much less competition. How have you done with them?
A week or so ago, I read where the insurance industry alone made up 24% of google's adwords revenue. Hard to compete with that. Perhaps yahoo and bing would be better for the small-time insurance agent like myself. I can't afford to win a bidding war with a big insurance company or a big lead generation company.

Hi Dan,

Yahoo & Bing will give you a better bang for your buck but you must pick and choose your battles. Certain keywords or phrases can be very expensive and you must find the diamonds in the rough. I've found a few along the way and my PPC campaigns serve me very well. You must spend time studying the competition and develop your own strategy. Believe it or not but I dont even track my conversions. The leads with my PPC campaign cost anywhere from 7-10 dollars per lead (inculding senior leads) but my phone rings steadily throughout the day. Medicare Season (AEP) is a free for all. My ear swells up because I dont stop talking from 8am to 8 pm. PM me if you want any suggestions.

Regards,
Joe
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Alston,

really diggin the greeter.. gonna give that a try with the next site. Wife absolutley loved your page.

Joe

Last edited:

Joe, is that 7-10 for a lead u can work, or just 7-10 for someone who fills out a lead form?

the difference being if you run a health campaign do u get many leads from people u cant work and cant return since its ppc? like child only, obcenely uninsurable people etc?

I wonder how many agents believe that all they have to do is make a website to sell insurance....hmmm.

I was surprised to read that. I don't understand what the difference would be. most of the public goes with whatever search engine their browser is associated with, which would seem more like a matter of chance. so why would the behaviors be different?

That is a good point. It may not be that the behavior is different. It may be that the Yahoo! algorithm is different. Either way, you should do separate keyword research.

Joe, is that 7-10 for a lead u can work, or just 7-10 for someone who fills out a lead form?

the difference being if you run a health campaign do u get many leads from people u cant work and cant return since its ppc? like child only, obcenely uninsurable people etc?

we get quite a few bad leads daily and ofcourse uninsurables, this is to be expected with the amount of leads that we generate daily. Our approval percentage with submitted indy apps hovers around 72-74% (we scrubb apps for instant declines and pull them). I try to help one lost cause case per day with the feeling it will come back to me in the future . My spouse also does the same. I see a reluctance for agents to start PPC campaigns and I dont understand why. Look at what the insurance companies bid for medicare leads and you'll fall out of your chair. This is the same insurance companies that are listed first and second organically. My two biggest breakthroughs in our profession were developing web sites for exclusive leads via PPC and starting to sell Medicare. Getting medicare leads really changed everything for us.

Best Wishes

we get quite a few bad leads daily and ofcourse uninsurables, this is to be expected with the amount of leads that we generate daily. Our approval percentage with submitted indy apps hovers around 72-74% (we scrubb apps for instant declines and pull them). I try to help one lost cause case per day with the feeling it will come back to me in the future . My spouse also does the same. I see a reluctance for agents to start PPC campaigns and I dont understand why. Look at what the insurance companies bid for medicare leads and you'll fall out of your chair. This is the same insurance companies that are listed first and second organically. My two biggest breakthroughs in our profession were developing web sites for exclusive leads via PPC and starting to sell Medicare. Getting medicare leads really changed everything for us.

Best Wishes

Why don't you try a PPC campaign and find out why a select few polar bears think that flickering orange stuff that comes out of wood is hot? ;)

If you want a fixed price per lead for Medicare Supp leads that are top notch I know a guy.

If you want a fixed price per lead for Medicare Supp leads that are top notch I know a guy.[/quote]

ready and waiting

Back