Does Twitter Have Any SEO Value?

Ok, click here to know about experiment which was made in 2011 by our russian friends. Article is in russian.. but you can always use translator

Ich werde das nicht verstehen. Est tut mir leid, aber ich denk du hast kenie ahnung uber twitter und SEO. Viele danke.

Ok, click here to know about experiment which was made in 2011 by our russian friends. Article is in russian.. but you can always use translator

Oh, I see, so you haven't tested this yourself, you're just repeating what they said on a russian blog.

Seems legit.

Oh, I see, so you haven't tested this yourself, you're just repeating what they said on a russian blog.

Seems legit.

Sure, I belive results of that experiment. Just look at the article with graphs, statistics and indicators used in the experiment. It looks convincing.. But of course it says that the time is going ahead, and Google may change its algorithm..

Sure, I belive results of that experiment. Just look at the article with graphs, statistics and indicators used in the experiment. It looks convincing.. But of course it says that the time is going ahead, and Google may change its algorithm..

My point is, you haven't personally tested and apparently don't know much about it, other than quoting a russian blog's experiment.

I'm not certain why you feel this information you're giving to people is of value.

I personally demonstrated it to be incorrect in my own internal testing, which was done on a somewhat broader scale, but I didn't publish a blog article to try to make adsense money off it or anything.

I just know what you're saying is wrong, and the results of that study are wrong, and I know why they're wrong.

It has to do with feed aggregation where some websites are publishing twitter feeds directly to their page if they have certain # or @ tags or certain keywords, which I already said about 3 or 4 posts ago.

It's somewhat pointless, but I don't know why people repost what they read someplace else but have never tested or verified as if its automatically factual and that they came to some great knowledge because they read it someplace else.

Go test it yourself if you want to have real data that provides value. However, during your test, try out using #hashtags that are being posed to feeds by searching for current twitter trends, or people who are posting their feed and their @ feeds directly to their blog pages, and ping those links after you get your post to feed into their page.

Then come back and tell me you still believe that Russian study.

If you search for '(your state(s))' and 'insurance', you may notice a series of tweets from a bunch of hot women that all say the same thing and direct to an internet blog about insurance. I didn't spend more time, but I imagine that somehow this blog links to an agency's internet site. yay SEO!

Also, it looks like Progressive is paying to show up as top tweet in the results under 'Top' and 'All' for this search.

Last edited:
Back