Does Twitter Have Any SEO Value?

Thanks! My name is Justin - I just joined the forum yesterday. Excited to see all the great conversations happening here.

The website essentially targets both brokers and consumers at this point.

Ultimately, consumers are the target market as the site is a collection of broker-provided answers to common insurance questions. That being said, the site needs brokers as partners to provide the answers to our large database of available questions - so we are also currently targeting brokers to participate.

There is a lot of incentive for brokers to participate as there are some great SEO benefits and other online visibility perks that come along with contributing answers to the site - also, it doesn't cost anything for brokers to participate.

I can't post links yet, but there is a nice short, overview video available at einsteinsurance dot com - and you can click the "for agents" link in the top navigation to view it.

Looks like an old thread coming back... novel idea on the site. For twitter TLMarketing had a good idea. DO keyword searches in twitter, save them, follow those people and perhaps in turn they will follow you. Then generate some inbound traffic from those and content to rank. Seems like slow and steady with twitter, but Twitter seems ingrained in alot of social venues although there are other places to put your time.

Thanks. The site was just launched last Monday - so it's pretty new and I am still working some of the bugs out. Let me know if you would like to have a contributor account set up, then you can log in, poke around and see how it all works. (that goes for anyone else that is interested as well. Please PM me as I don't want to hijack this thread any further)

I would love to hear any feedback anyone has in regards to the site in general, the types of questions that are in need of answering, website usability, etc.

I don't have what one could call a "strong insurance background" - but I have done quite a bit of work in online marketing (specifically SEO) for several types of professional services including insurance over the past 7 years.

Hey, for the author accounts are we going to be able to get a backlink (even just raw url) ?

Last edited:
Yes. Each answer must be at least 200 words in length and you have the ability to include custom link text for one link in the answer.

You can have the ability to customize your contributor resource box and add links to your website, social media profiles, etc. You can also add a photo and phone number in the resource box.

Here is a sample answer that highlights what you are capable of adding to an answer:

bit.ly/answersample

I'm sure it does have some SEO value but it cant be verified (outside of actual social engagement) so the most useful thing SEO wise I use twitter for is to get my new links indexed fast.

Its like aggregating your links. I built a PR 6 twitter page and every time I add a new link I tweet it and it shows up in my Google WMT account faster than if I didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I built a PR 6 twitter page and every time I add a new link I tweet it and it shows up in my Google WMT account faster than if I didn't.

Do you mean a page on Twitter.com or a blog page dedicated to Twitter posts?

Do you mean a page on Twitter.com or a blog page dedicated to Twitter posts?

Nope just a standard twitter.com/user page. Its got that high domain authority which is why I assume Google picks them up so fast.

Although there are way better uses for it, getting a high PR page on twitter takes like no effort and using it just it index links is worth it in itself IMO.

Back