Does Twitter Have Any SEO Value?

shepnerd

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm building a site on Host Gator's Buildkit- which is actually pretty impressive. To me, anyway, I'm fairly new to all this.

The theme I'm using has a twitter feed, but I've never really been into twitter, so was going to delete it.

Its a senior market site, so I doubt there'd be any followers if I did get into tweets, which interests me about as much as dating Monica Lewinsky. OK, less than that- I mean, who knows, that girl may have some 'skills'...

The only reason I'd keep it would be SEO value, is there any?

I'm building a site on Host Gator's Buildkit- which is actually pretty impressive. To me, anyway, I'm fairly new to all this.

The theme I'm using has a twitter feed, but I've never really been into twitter, so was going to delete it.

Its a senior market site, so I doubt there'd be any followers if I did get into tweets, which interests me about as much as dating Monica Lewinsky. OK, less than that- I mean, who knows, that girl may have some 'skills'...

The only reason I'd keep it would be SEO value, is there any?

Stick with face book like and google plus tabs........

Shep...You need to talk to an SEO expert on the Forum. There aren't many.

Wait, I thought you were the end all, know all SEO guy on here? Surely there cant be more than one SEO expert in these parts...SURELY.

Lots to learn on this stuff, but really, reading the threads & following the links & vids posted has a pretty damn good education so far. I appreciate all the info!

Anything that can drive site traffic has SEO value, or even better, beats the need for SEO value. After all, if they come to your site from your tweet, you don't need to worry about SEO, correct?

Of course, anything that drives traffic can help with SEO since popularity of the site is one of the things search engines use.

Now, if you can just tweet about Monica, you'll be good!!!

Dan

The SEO value to twitter is that sometimes it gets picked up by aggrigators because of hashtags and reposted on other sites.

If that's something you don't really follow what I mean, it's really not worth the time to learn, there isn't a lot of value to it.

I haven't seen or read about any inherent seo value linked to placing a twitter feed on your page. Though u can pick up free wp plugins that will send ur post to ur fb/twitter page instead of having to manually go there and update ur page with a link back to ur blog.

I have a friend that picks up visitors every day from twitter, but it's organic. She has a really cool website and folks find her site from there the way one would naturally expect it to work.

You're probably better off spending the amount of time you would spend tweeting filling out your blog with relevant content. That being said, it isn't going to hurt you any.

Back