Domain Name Importance?

Important but not critical. Some of my most successful websites have long domains that I would either not remember or screw up. Content times age times updating times knowledge is a winning formula.

Olson Insurance Services
Tucson, Arizona
Service Since 1968

Thanks for the great advice everyone.

I am getting the idea. Learning a lot from you guys, seriously thanks again.

Until I have the resources (funds) paying to build and maintain a website is a no go. It requires constant investment to remain competitive, or at least try to be.

The fact that we can't agree on what works for SEO and what doesn't makes me nervous.

Iron Claw Kung Fu beats Crazy Monkey Kung Fu and so on....

What I take away from the SEO argument is to test and see what works for you, keep trying until it is perfected, keep on changing with the updates.

Looking at some of the offers from insurance website companies, I am considering the offers posted here. I will definitely come looking for you later this year. I want to put out multiple sites for several different LOB.

Been reading and trying to learn as much as I can on SEO. Thanks for the articles and tips you guys posted on here.

I am looking into putting something together using wordpress. Is there a better platform to use? Any more suggestions on what quick things can be done for local SEO (for a novice like me)?

What is a good place to go for animated video? I don't have the setup to make live video other than from my iphone. I have seen some of the videos put out by other agents that are not of quality and it kind of makes me cringe when I can hardly hear what is being said or just from watching a nervous agent on a low quality vid. My first thoughts are "I would never call these people". Much better served with some kind of animated video.

In the mean time, anyone looking for insurance related domain, PM me. I might have something you are looking for.

Thanks again.

On a basic level, domain names are important because the Internet’s addressing scheme is not very effective without them.

Each computer on the Internet has an Internet protocol (IP) address: a unique string of four numbers separated by periods, such as 177.101.1.1. Since remembering the IP addresses of all of your favorite Web sites would be nearly impossible, a group of computer scientists created the domain name system to assign a unique name to each numeric IP address.

But domain names are much more than just a technical shortcut. A short, memorable domain name can make the difference between creating a successful Web presence and getting lost in cyberspace.

Back