Domain Names for Insurance Websites (Videos)

Aaron_4SIGHT

Guru
100+ Post Club
I did a few videos last week on domain names for insurance websites - strategies for choosing a domain name, what to do when the .com name you want isn't available, linking multiple keyword rich domain names together, and more.

Take a few minutes to watch them if you haven't seen them:

And as always, you'll find a new video on insurance websites every weekday on my blog, blog.agentmethods.com.

Thanks!

Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff, if anyone is looking for an insurance website I recommend going with Agent Methods. The alternatives just aren't as good or affordable.

... I just wish he didn't pick on my dot com name. :skeptical:

... I just wish he didn't pick on my dot com name. :skeptical:

Did I really? Shoot!

On the other hand... Maybe that proves my point: Malcolm's a pro who has focused on web marketing full time for years. He uses advanced techniques and unless you really know what you're doing, don't try to copy him. :)

and Aaron has a thing for texas health insurance also.....saw peelers site on one of his video's........hahahahahaha....

I've got some short names for sale:

www.compulife.com/domain
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
One of the things I stress with people is to make sure their domain name is SHORT. Short and easy to spell is BEST. Also, NOTHING says domain name like somethingsomething.COM.

I hate .ORG, .NET, .whatever. It doesn't mean I don't own compulife.net and compulife.org, but when you have a suffix other than .COM, and you say, go to somethingsomething.org, you stand a pretty good chance they will type in somethingsomething.COM, or somethingsomething.org.COM.

Just got off the phone with and agent who uses his name in his web address. It is firstlastretire.com (first being his first name, last being his last name). Fortunately his name is easy to spell. If you are from eastern Europe, that is probably a bad idea.

Anyway, his name was somewhat unique so I went over to godaddy to see if firstlast.com was available. Bingo, it was.

I then asked him why he didn't register that. Couldn't answer me. I then explained that shorter is better and he should go register it. He then began to explain how he had the old name on his cards, etc., etc. I had to point out he could have a hundred domain names, he wasn't restricted to one. I told him to register the short one and point it to the same web site, then slowly convert his material to the shorter name.

I had to SELL him on that idea.

Why should anyone have to be sold on "shorter is better"?

Last edited:
Different domain names will perform better or worse depending on your objectives.

For type in traffic the important factors are:
  • Ease of remembering
  • Keywords for SEO benefit are irrelevant. (Words that attract humans are important. They may, coincidentally, be keywords.)
  • Ease of spelling
    • Short
    • No Homonyms
    • No hyphens or underscores
For click through traffic if the URL is visible like on PPC
  • Keywords for SEO benefit are irrelevant. (Words that attract humans are important. They may, coincidentally, be keywords)
  • Hyphens can be an advantage
  • Ease of spelling is irrelevant
For SEO value
  • SEO keywords are paramount
  • Ease of spelling is irrelevant
  • Length may be a plus
  • Hyphens are irrelevant
Finding a domain name that serves all of these masters is difficult if not impossible.

Choosing the right domain name is important, but not crucial.

Amazon.com is a lousy domain name for just about any purpose, but I think they do OK.

Sure it is easy to spell now. And what does a river or female archers with one breast have to do with books?

Back