Don't Get Left in the Dust, Check Your Site if Its Google Mobile Friendly

Great advice!

Google now shows a little "Mobile-friendly" label on mobile search results. This is a great way to stand out against websites that aren't mobile-ready, including some very big players.

Here's an example showing my demo AgentMethods site ranking above ehealthinsurance with the "mobile-friendly" label:

155gkyo.png

Great way to get an edge!

(Shameless plug: If you need a mobile-friendly site, AgentMethods is fast, affordable, and easy way to get one.)

Aaron

Like to hear people's thoughts.

I hate mobile sites, and always try to switch to desktop version if possible.

I have yet to make my site mobile friendly because I want people to see my site as it looks on a desktop, SERPs be damned.

Does anyone else dislike mobile sites?

I usually do not like mobile sites. But google likes them and wants you to have them. More importantly, many consumers like mobile versions over desktop versions. It is about the consumers and what they like... not us agents.

And with your rankings I would do everything I could to keep my place if I were you.

Like to hear people's thoughts.

I hate mobile sites, and always try to switch to desktop version if possible.

I have yet to make my site mobile friendly because I want people to see my site as it looks on a desktop, SERPs be damned.

Does anyone else dislike mobile sites?

Just so you know there is a difference between the mobile version of a site and a mobile responsive website. Here is an example of a mobile version of a site.

I agree that generally mobile versions are usually lame and poorly designed; however, if you pull up HubSpot | Inbound Marketing & Sales Software you will see it is the same exact same page on your desktop as it is on your mobile device, except the mobile page is designed to resize into a more mobile friendly and easier to read format.

I personally think this provides a better user experience when on a mobile device and I'm pretty sure this is what Google is referring to.

BTW: I love how agentmethods flaunts his #1 ranking for the keyword "health insurance seattle insurance advisors"

BTW: I love how agentmethods flaunts his #1 ranking for the keyword "health insurance seattle insurance advisors"

Yep... lol. And how many people do you think type in that search phrase!? lol

And that site has the exact same LTCI blog post as at least 10 other sites... Copyscape search results for: http://www.seattleinsurancepartners.com/health-insurance/what-is-long-term-care-insurance

This guy is the king of duplicate content... and using the exact same handful of website templates.

Just so you know there is a difference between the mobile version of a site and a mobile responsive website. Here is an example of a mobile version of a site.

I agree that generally mobile versions are usually lame and poorly designed; however, if you pull up HubSpot | Inbound Marketing & Sales Software you will see it is the same exact same page on your desktop as it is on your mobile device, except the mobile page is designed to resize into a more mobile friendly and easier to read format.

I personally think this provides a better user experience when on a mobile device and I'm pretty sure this is what Google is referring to.

Well, I started the process on Duda and tabled it.

----------

I usually do not like mobile sites. But google likes them and wants you to have them. More importantly, many consumers like mobile versions over desktop versions. It is about the consumers and what they like... not us agents.

And with your rankings I would do everything I could to keep my place if I were you.

Understood. But what if mobile site doesn't covert as well?

----------

Understood. But what if mobile site doesn't convert as well?

Back