Einsteinsurance.com Discussion - Ask Your Questions Here

In the thread I posted, none of the errors are glaring but the answer is not what you expect of someone that has basic knowledge of insurance, much less one who states they pride themselves on staying "up to date".

First of all the suicide provision is a clause within the policy, not a rider that is added to the policy.

The Incontestability provision is not to protect the company from having to pay for suicide . IN fact, it has nothing to do with suicide. It deals with misstatements made in the application. And, it exists to protect the consumer not the company. Its purpose is to keep a company from refusing to pay years down the road due to a perceived misstatement. Thsi is Insurance 101.

Finally, not all jurisdictions require a 30 day "free look". The period of time required can vary from state to state.

I like the idea, personally.

I think that, however, you should make it so your questions rotate and you allow 4-5 or more people to answer such a question. This reduces the stress load of constantly having to load new questions and it will allow for multiple people to answer a question. Yeah, you might get a bad agent but the chance of getting 5 bad agents in a row? It is substantially less in my "hopeful" opinion. It also allows for people to get more geographical varieties of people to talk to for lead generation. If I ask a question in NJ and someone in FL answers it, I might just to go my agent or google an agent and bring the information to them. But if a NY, Fl, TX, and MN agent answer then the client might ask the NY guy or a client googling might call an agent in their area that they see online. Don't make it so your post is a drop in the bucket, of course, but I think most people like to hear multiple answers to a question anyway. I know a simple "yes or no" response isn't giving me any confidence and I know people are wrong on the internet, so multiple answers will put more confidence in what I read and it essentially helps agents market other agents by showing accurate information.

I think it provides a better check-and-balance and gives more chances of people calling for a lead.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, for your trusted resources, I'd definitely look at putting the III on there if they let you.

Last edited:
Great feedback everyone.

It sounds like opening answers up to criticism may be a double edged sword - and it may be introducing an unnecessary headache (in terms of who moderates, etc.) I will have to think through that some more.

NCPCLHNoob - thanks for mentioning the III, I think that's a great idea.

I also appreciate your thoughts on allowing multiple people to answer a question. In this way you are envisioning, do you see one question one page and with up to 5 answers from different people underneath that question? So essentially, the same as it is today but up to 4 more answers displayed on the page?

That is an interesting idea and something to think about.

Your point about geography brings up something I have been considering a lot lately as well. I have been considering adding a 3rd drop down on the "Submit An Answer" page that allows you to select a state. So basically, a contributor would select their question like this:

1. Select category - example: Auto Insurance
2. Select question - example: Does Auto Insurance Cover Vandalism?
3. Select state - example: California

Resulting Question: Does Auto Insurance Cover Vandalism In California?

I suppose I could even go a step further and let people add an insurance provider to make the question even more specific. So maybe a question could be: Does Geico Auto Insurance Cover Vandalism In California?

There would be pros and cons to the above approach - but I am curious what the community thinks.

You could go a few steps further...

"Does Geico Auto Insurance Cover Vandalism In California?"
would become:

"In September, If A Republican Owns The Leased Car, Does Geico Auto Insurance Cover Vandalism In Eastern California during Yom Kippur?" Just a thought.

Good idea! Then I could add "Guaranteed To Rank #1 In Google For Your Answer!" to my list of benefits to contributors.

You could go a few steps further...

"Does Geico Auto Insurance Cover Vandalism In California?"
would become:

"In September, If A Republican Owns The Leased Car, Does Geico Auto Insurance Cover Vandalism In Eastern California during Yom Kippur?" Just a thought.

Great feedback everyone.

It sounds like opening answers up to criticism may be a double edged sword - and it may be introducing an unnecessary headache (in terms of who moderates, etc.) I will have to think through that some more.

NCPCLHNoob - thanks for mentioning the III, I think that's a great idea.

I also appreciate your thoughts on allowing multiple people to answer a question. In this way you are envisioning, do you see one question one page and with up to 5 answers from different people underneath that question? So essentially, the same as it is today but up to 4 more answers displayed on the page?

That is an interesting idea and something to think about.

Your point about geography brings up something I have been considering a lot lately as well. I have been considering adding a 3rd drop down on the "Submit An Answer" page that allows you to select a state. So basically, a contributor would select their question like this:

1. Select category - example: Auto Insurance
2. Select question - example: Does Auto Insurance Cover Vandalism?
3. Select state - example: California

Resulting Question: Does Auto Insurance Cover Vandalism In California?

I suppose I could even go a step further and let people add an insurance provider to make the question even more specific. So maybe a question could be: Does Geico Auto Insurance Cover Vandalism In California?

There would be pros and cons to the above approach - but I am curious what the community thinks.

Having multiple answer is the way of critiquing others without arguing. If 5 people say the same thing then you either have 5 bad agents or 5 people that are in the ballpark. I think it helps, and having a page with multiple answers on the front is a good idea. It can look like this forum, for example, or like Yahoo answers (though I know you are trying to not be like them.) I think if you put the state next to the person's name (like here?) you wouldn't have to worry. Instead of having drop downs for home, auto, and etc. for different states, have a map on the front of the website and people can click on regions (multiple states) or one state. Otherwise, they get answers from all-over. It is good and bad in that people get less answers per region but they might be more specific to what the client needs, especially since laws change. You can either make the map go for state-specific questions or state-specific agents answering questions that are non-regional.

Your dropdown menu seems like a good idea but until you have thousands of questions, it seems like you will limit the results too much. Maybe do it in the future? I think the map is still good since it limits down a bit and sometimes people don't know what they don't know. Looking over multiple questions might get them thinking about other things, and it lets them see other agents. Marketing agents isn't going to help a lot if people only see one or two at a time.

I just answered a few questions on there myself, and I see they are already approved. I think I did 4-5 since I'm in a typing mood.

You definitely need an edit option. An agent could be wrong and want to change it, or even just fix some grammar/spelling mistakes. You can approve it or let them re-type it or something, or let them take it down altogether, but do something. Even putting your face on a billboard still gives you the option to take it down if there is spinach in your teeth.

By the way, I like the idea of open source for the agency. However, I think you need some more defining information for agents to be in there. Perhaps ask for the NPN and check a state DOI. It takes an extra 30 secs. but it means at least SOMEONE knows that agent, if it isn't the agent himself.

Just a thought, as I'm sure 16 year old kid *somewhere* checks the box of being over 18 as well to get what he wants.

Back