Elegant Themes, Studio Press, or Woo Themes?

If you choose to do a Wordpress theme then elegant themes is the better looking choice but studio press & woo themes use responsive design to show up on all devices at once.

However, you should really look at getting a customized design so that you stand out from the crowd. When you take out the non-industry specific themes that they offer, you start to only pick from a dozen. Next, I can visit a website and tell it is a Wordpress site within a second of landing there.

Getting a customized or even semi-customized website these days is not too much more, genrally in the $350-$1000 range. You can also find website providers that offer websites within your vertical that know the industry and have done a lot of the heavy lifting for you.

I like themeforest.net. Not much of a fan of the others you mentioned, but many are. I've also worked with headway a bit and like it for some things, but most of the "do it yourself" theme builders leave much for the average user to desire.

I have to agree with Josh - themeforest.net is awesome. Many themes are of the same quality as studiopress, woothemes, etc or even better.

ThemeForest.net is comprised of a community of smaller, independent designers - so there is a very large selection of designs available, and prices are also quite reasonable.

I have used StudioPress and WooThemes over the years and they typically have nice themes as well. If you have some time, browse all 3 until you find one that just reaches out and slaps you :)

Also, when looking for themes, make sure to pay attention to whether or not they are "mobile friendly". Many of them nowadays utilize responsive design, but there are still a lot out there that aren't very mobile friendly at all.

Back