Is Email Marketing in Your Plan for 2015?

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Digital marketing expert Justin Blase provides a strong argument for why email marketing belongs in an agent’s plan for the coming year – along with tips and ideas to help grow an email contact list and craft effective programs – in a new “Q&A” article on Insurance Forums (link below).

Will email marketing be part of your strategy next year? Why or why not?

Insurance Forums | Q&A with Justin Blase: Why email belongs in your digital marketing plan

Good ideas.

I also find helpful a tracking service where I get a notification and e-mail when someone views the e-mail and have an ongoing log to know who is actually viewing - and hopefully reading.

Since its a tiny image file too small for a person to see, it is not 100%. Reader can't be only for text. Works about 80-90% of the time.

Emails are effective as the content that's in them.

Excellent point. It's all about meaningful content. I think one thing to keep in mind while composing emails is to think about the recipient, not yourself. What is meaningful to them rather than to you?

Also, I know a big issue is that we all know that we need to be proactive about reaching out to prospects and clients but time and scalability are the major barriers here. One of my articles on this subject was recently published here on Insurance Forums under the "Practice building - Insurance Leads" section if you want to read more automating these email tasks.

We send out a monthly newsletter which contains useful information for the consumer. It is an additional contact with our insured. Every time I send one out, I have an insured reply to it with a question that was on their mind. I think it's a good way to stay in touch.

@pageins what does your newsletter consist of?
I've had good success ditching any insurance stuff and providing info about what's going in the community.

Mostly insurance stuff with a few other things thrown in... Recipes, famous quotes. I can add anything I want, but have not had the time or inspiration to add local content yet. I think the important thing for me is that it doesn't plague people every other day to buy, or subscribe or call or whatever. It keeps me in front of clients and prospects on s regular basis and I really do very little... The company takes care of it all.... And it's very professionally done.

Back